Centrance MasterClass 2504 Stereo Speakers
The Centrance MasterClass 2504 Stereo Speakers deliver audiophile sound to the desktop or the bookshelf!
The Centrance MasterClass 2504 Stereo Speakers boldly define 'mastering-quality' sound for the listener's immediate environment, delivering audiophile sound to the desktop or the bookshelf. The unique transducer design utilizes a patented 'coplanar' assembly technology, which eliminates interference between high and low frequencies, delivering focused sound with precise instrument definition and wide sound stage.
Each MasterClass 2504 speaker features a full-range two-way 4' transducer, a carefully tuned bass-reflex cavity, a musical cross-over circuit with custom frequency-shaping components, 50Hz...20kHz frequency range and 25 watts of power-handling capability per channel. The speakers are finished in black piano lacquer to match the black anodized finish of the DACmini PX.
Centrance's Coplanar-Coaxial technology makes sure that bass frequencies, mid range frequencies and high frequencies all originate from the same point in space. This is not possible with traditional 2-way speakers, where the woofer and tweeter are located some distance away from each other. The main difference between the CEntrance driver and the traditional speaker design is extra clarity, precision and soundstage, resulting from co-location of the two speaker drivers within the same enclosure.
The innovative dual-coil driver behind the CEntrance MasterClass 2504 speakers confines the woofer and the tweeter within the same, shielded driver assembly. Mounting both drivers on a solid frame allows precise alignment of the drivers' emanating planes and ensures that all audio frequencies arriving at your ears come from the same spot in space, not from several different places. The picture on the left shows the driver assembly. You can see the tweeter connections at the top and the woofer connections towards the bottom. Both moving coils use the same magnet, a patented design. The CEntrance approach is the best possible way of making the two drivers sound like one. The solid metal enclosure further guarantees shielding from RF frequencies and results in clean sound reproduction, free from unwanted interference.
The crossover circuit is at the heart of any dual-driver loudspeaker. It splits the audio signal into dual frequency bands that can be separately routed to the woofer and tweeter drivers. CEntrance developed a custom passive design to minimize phase shift, frequency non-linearity and resulting distortion. The audio-grade caps, oxygen-free copper in the custom-designed, core-less coil and custom low-leakage PCB make our crossover the reason MasterClass 2504 speakers sound so good.
The bass reflex port is an acoustic amplifier that uses the sound from the rear side of the diaphragm to increase the efficiency of the speaker at low frequencies. The CEntrance MasterClass 2504 speakers feature a carefully-tuned bass port that ads a boost to the lower end of the frequency response allowing to make the overall enclosure smaller without compromising bass performance. Proper adjustment of the cabinet and port size and matching with driver characteristics results in a smaller book-shelf speaker with audiophile performance.
CEntrance approached every little detail with highest degree of attention. The feet on the bottom of the speakers are bolted down, not glued, underscoring professional build quality. The feet contain the right amount of firm, resilient foam and offer the perfect balance of form and function. While allowing a necessary amount of cushioning, they feature a solid grip. These speakers are gentle enough to not scratch your book shelf or desktop surface yet they will not slide around during operation.
The CEntrance MasterClass 2504 speakers feature gold-plated binding posts located on the back panel for easy access. Gold plating ensures freedom from corrosion and lowers the electrical impedance of the connection. This guarantees freedom from signal loss and stable operation for years to come. The binding posts accommodate standard banana plugs as well as cable lugs. The connectors are clearly labeled in accordance with industry-standard practices. The positive terminal is red and is located on the right. The negative terminal is black, located on the left. CEntrance uses the same binding posts on the DACmini PX DAC/Amplifier, which is voiced and tuned to work together with MasterClass 2504 Speakers.
Centrance MasterClass 2504 Stereo Speakers Features
- Coplanar-Coaxial Technology makes sure that bass frequencies, mid range frequencies and high frequencies all originate from the same point in space
- Dual-Coil Driver - the best possible way of making the two drivers sound like one.
- Custom Crossover Network with audio-grade caps, oxygen-free copper in the custom-designed, core-less coil and custom low-leakage PCB
- Bass Reflex Port ads a boost to the lower end of the frequency response allowing to make the overall enclosure smaller without compromising bass performance
- Solid Footing with professional build quality
- Low-Impedance Binding Posts
Centrance MasterClass 2504 Stereo Speakers Specifications
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 50Hz...20kHz +/-1dB
- Power Handling: 25W per channel
- Audio Driver: 4", full range, dual-driver, coplanar coaxial type
- Magnet Type: Neodimium, high-performance magnet
- Cross-over: Passive, featuring audiophile capacitors
- Enclosure Material: Solid wood construction (no particle board)
- Finish Process: Mirror-polished piano laquer finish
- Binding Posts: Gold-plated posts for banana jacks or spade lugs
- Speaker Dimensions: L: 207cm; W: 145mm; H: 230mm, each speaker
- Speaker Weight: 2.48kg, each speaker
- Box Dimensions: L: 468cm; W: 217; H: 299, holds a stereo pair
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review