Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones
The Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones are a dual ribbon stereo pair designed to offer a symmetrical figure-of-8 pickup pattern. Upgradeable to Lundahl 2913 Transformer, this passive, dual-ribbon stereo pair delivers a warm tone the ribbon microphones are famous for!
The Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones produce equal (but out-of-phase) response from the front and back sides of the motor, making this stereo pair useful as the side channel in a mid-side setup, or within a Blumlein array.
The ribbons are corrugated aluminum measuring 1.5'' in length and 0.15'' in width, mounted parallel 5/8'' apart. The design intent of using two ribbons is to increase sensitivity.
The ribbon motors are housed within a mesh grille. The Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones (Stereo Pair) provides no other screening or blast filtering, which likely has the benefit of reducing unwanted resonance but does expose the ribbon elements to contamination. The use of a pop filter when tracking vocals is recommended.
The frequency response is slightly elevated from 40Hz to 100Hz, flat through 4000Hz, and rolls off through 15,000Hz.
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones Features
- Symmetrical dual ribbon design
- Offers the famous warm tone
- Upgradeable to Lundahl 2913 Transformer
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones Specifications
- Type: Dual Ribbon (Velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon Type: 99% Pure Aluminum, 2.0 micron
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical Design
- Frequency Response: 25Hz to 9KHz
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin Male XLR
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones Applications
- Electric Guitars
- Drum Overheads
- Banjo, Mandolin, Dobro
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphones Includes
- 2 x Cascade DR-2 Dual Ribbon Microphone
- 2 x Microphone Clip
- 2 x Leatherette Storage Pouch
- Stereo Blumlien Bar
- 5 Years Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review