Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphone
The Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphone is a passive, dual-ribbon design mic with a symmetrical figure-of-8 pickup pattern. Designed for professionals, the DR-2 produces equal (but out-of-phase) response from the front and back sides of the motor, making it useful as the side channel in a mid-side setup, or within a Blumlein array.
The Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphone is designed to offer an increased sensitivity. Unlike offset ribbon designs, this passive, dual-ribbon design microphone produces equal response from the front and back sides of the motor.
The ribbons are corrugated aluminum measuring 1.5'' in length and 0.15'' in width, mounted parallel 5/8'' apart. The design intent of using two ribbons is to increase sensitivity.
The ribbon motors are housed within a mesh grille. The Cascade DR-2 Microphone provides no other screening or blast filtering, which likely has the benefit of reducing unwanted resonance but does expose the ribbon elements to contamination. The use of a pop filter when tracking vocals is recommended.
The frequency response is slightly elevated from 40Hz to 100Hz, flat through 4000Hz, and rolls off through 15,000Hz.
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Symmetrical dual ribbon design microphone
- Offers an increased sensitivity and famous warm tone
- Perfect for the side channel in a mid-side setup, or within a Blumlein array
- Upgradeable to Lundahl 2913
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dual Ribbon (Velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon Type: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.0 micron
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Frequency Response: 25Hz to 9KHz
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphone Applications
- Electric Guitars
- Drum Overheads
- Banjo, Mandolin, Dobro
Cascade DR-2 Ribbon Microphone Includes
- Cascade DR-2 Dual Ribbon Microphone
- Microphone Clip
- Leatherette Storage Pouch
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review