Boss RC-505 Loop Station
Boss RC-505 Loop Station
Boss RC-505 Loop Station Details
Beatboxers, singers, and club performers, your Loop Station has arrivedâ?"introducing Boss RC-505 Loop Station, a unique and powerful live performance tool thatâ??s perfect for next-generation loop artists. In a compact tabletop device, you have easy fingertip control of five stereo phrase tracks and various loop playback behaviors, plus INPUT FX and TRACK FX that deliver a wide range of real-time processing options for dynamic, expressive sound creation. Just plug in a mic, instrument, or other audio source, and then ride the intuitive panel controls to build and mix some amazing loops! Boss RC-505 Loop Station also supports computer integration via USB and operation with external pedals and MIDI, opening a world of advanced looping possibilities for all types of musicians.
Five Stereo Tracks with Dedicated Controls
Boss RC-505 Loop Station features five stereo phrase tracks that can play simultaneously, the most yet in a BOSS Loop Station. Independent record/overdub/play and stop buttons for each track let you capture and control loop performances with your fingertips, and dedicated volume faders allow you to mix loop levels on the fly. Each track can have its own playback mode (multi, single, one-shot, reverse, etc.) and tempo sync settings, providing an unlimited range of creative looping behaviors.
Powerful FX Onboard
With the large selection of built-in effects, itâ??s easy to enhance your sounds as you perform. INPUT FX such as ROBOT and VOCODER create unique, dramatic sound textures for recording loops, while TRACK FX like VINYL FLICK and BEAT REPEAT provide dynamic DJ and sampler effects for real-time processing of phrase playback. Six dedicated buttonsâ?"three each for INPUT FX and TRACK FXâ?"can be loaded with your favorite effects, giving you one-touch on/off access while looping. In addition, effects parameters (filter cutoff, effect depth, etc.) can be tweaked in real time with the INPUT FX and TRACK FX knobs. Global compressor and reverb effects are also available for processing the overall sound output.
Phrase Memories and Rhythms
99 phrase memories provide onboard storage for phrase track data, various playback and effects settings, and more. A combination of frequently used settings can be saved as a User Set, which you can easily load to quickly reconfigure any phrase memory, even in the heat of performing. 85 different onboard rhythms offer backing for loop recording, with a large selection of odd-measure beats for advanced looping. The rhythm part can be routed to the rear-panel PHONES jack only, giving you a dedicated click track for monitoring purposes.
Audio Inputs and USB
Boss RC-505 Loop Station is outfitted with a number of simultaneous inputs, allowing you to capture and mix a variety of different audio sources as you build loops. Thereâ??s an XLR microphone jack with phantom power, mono/stereo Â¼-inch inputs for guitars, synths, or other instruments, and an AUX mini-jack for connecting a music player, smart phone, or other stereo device. Via USB, you can plug into your computer and import/export WAV audio phrases, great for loop archiving or loading up Boss RC-505 Loop Station phrases with backing tracks or sounds for sampler-style triggering. Boss RC-505 Loop Station also functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface, making it simple to integrate with your favorite DAW software for audio recording, MIDI sync, and more.
Customized Looping Control
With Boss RC-505 Loop Station, you have the ability to set up customized real-time controls for the way you like to loop. You can specify up to eight different functions and operate them in a variety of waysâ?"with front-panel controls, an external expression pedal or foot switches, and/or various MIDI Control Change messagesâ?"extending your command of looping and many other operations. The eight control assignments are stored with phrase memories, allowing you to create and recall custom setups for different songs and performing situations.
Boss RC-505 Loop Station Features
- Tabletop Loop Station that can be operated with the hands, perfect for beatboxers, vocalists, and club performers
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Wide range of Input FX and Track FX for processing loops, including DJ and sampler-style effects
- Independent play mode and tempo sync settings enable a flexible combination of track behaviors and advanced performance options
- 99 phrase memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- 85 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- External control via MIDI and optional footswitches or expression pedal
- USB for phrase import/export with computers; USB audio/MIDI functionality for integration with DAW software
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo AUX input
Boss RC-505 Loop Station Specifications
- Manufacturer: Boss
- Product: RC-505 Loop Station
- Nominal Input Level: Input Mic (variable): -40 dBu (typ.), -10 dBu (max), Input Inst (variable): -10 dBu (typ.), +4 dBu (max), Input Aux: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: Input Mic: 4 k ohms, Input Inst: 200 k ohms, Input Aux: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: Line Out: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: Line Out: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: Line Out: 10 k ohms or greater
- Recording/Playback: Max Recording Time: Approx. 3 hours (stereo), Max Phrase Memory: 99, Number of Tracks: 5, Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Effect Type (Input FX/Track FX): Filter, Phaser, Flanger, Synth, LO-FI, Guitar to Bass, Transpose, Robot, Vocal Dist, Vocoder, Comp, EQ, Isolator, Octave, Pan, Slicer, Delay, Tape Echo, Granular Delay, Chorus, Reverb, Beat Repeat, Beat Shift, Beat Scatter, Vinyl Flick
- Effect Type (Master FX): Comp, Reverb
- Rhythm Type: 85
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- USB: Mass Storage Class, Audio/MIDI
- Input Mic Jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
- Input Inst (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Input Aux Jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Phones Jack: 1/4-inch Stereo phone type
- Line output (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4-inch Stereo phone type
- CTL 1, 2/EXP Jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB Port: USB Type B
- DC IN Jack: 1 x DC IN Jack
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 420 mA
- Accessories: AC adaptor, Owner's manual
- Dimensions: W x D x H: 420 mm 16-9/16" x 210 mm 8-5/16" x 68 mm 2-11/16"
- Weight: 1.4 kg / 3 lbs. 2 oz.
Boss RC-505 Loop Station Downloads
Click here to view all Boss Products
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review