Boss BR-80 Micro Digital Recorder
The Boss Micro BR BR-80 Digital Recorder, the ultimate portable recording and jam-along tool for guitarists and other musicians.
Boss Micro BR BR-80 Digital Recorder Details
The Boss Micro BR BR-80 Digital Recorder is the ultimate new portable recording and jam-along tool for guitarists and other musicians â?" and it's small enough to fit in your pocket! Itâ??s equipped with three modes to create, record, and perform your music: an eight-track MTR (Multi-Track Recorder) mode; an eBand mode for onstage backing tracks and phrase training; and a Live Rec mode for instantly capturing high-quality stereo recordings. You can even combine the three modes seamlessly. Record your phrase ideas using Live Rec mode, for example, and then import the recordings into MTR mode to use as foundations for song production. Once youâ??ve added tracks, import your finished songs into eBand mode for backing-track accompaniment at the gig. The Micro BR BR-80 is a must-have tool for all musicians!
While the Micro BR BR-80 may be small, donâ??t be fooled by its size â?" this little studio is loaded! The MTR (Multi-Track Recorder) mode offers 64 V-Tracks with eight simultaneous playback tracks. In addition, a dedicated stereo rhythm track is provided, as well as an onboard library of great grooves to choose from. The intuitive user-interface continues the simple-to-use tradition of BOSSâ?? acclaimed BR series, with a graphical design that follows the layout of a conventional recording console. With EQ, reverb, and mastering tools plus, world-class COSM amps and effects for guitar, bass, and vocals the Micro BR BR-80 is ready to deliver complete, pro-quality recordings with ease.
The eBand mode offers musicians a fun way to play along with their favorite songs. With the bundled eBand Song List Editor software, you can import CD, MP3, and WAV audio files from a computer via USB. The Center Cancel function can be used to minimize the volume of pre-recorded vocals and solos for play- and sing-along enjoyment. eBand mode is also an excellent partner for musical training, as it lets you record your performance, and adjust playback speed and/or pitch as desired.
In combination with the onboard high-grade stereo condenser microphones, the Micro BR BR-80â??s Live Rec mode lets you capture pristine stereo recordings instantly. Record vocals, guitar parts, and song ideas the moment inspiration strikes. Your recorded audio files can be easily imported into the Micro BR BR-80â??s MTR mode to use as a basis for multi-track song production.
The Micro BR BR-80 is packed with professional multi-effects powered by a newly developed custom DSP chip. Over 40 types of COSM amp models give you instant access to a vast array of powerful guitar and bass sounds. The preset patches allow first-timers and pros alike to enjoy high-quality sounds immediately, while power users can tweak parameters in micro detail for the ultimate tonal control. The dedicated vocal effects, comparable with BOSSâ??s popular VE-20, include doubling, harmony effects, pitch correction, and more.
The Micro BR BR-80 is extremely flexible â?" it can be used as a stand-alone digital recorder or as audio interface for a USB-equipped computer. Cakewalkâ??s SONAR X1 LE DAW software (for Windows) is bundled with the Micro BR BR-80, giving users a full-fledged PC-based music production environment with latency-free recording and a powerful range of COSM amps and effects. Furthermore, the bundled Wave Converter software lets you easily exchange data between the Micro BR BR-80 and SONAR X1 LE or any other DAW.
Boss Micro BR BR-80 Digital Recorder Features
- Three modes: MTR (multi-track recorder), eBand, and Live Rec
- Records directly to SD/SDHC memory card (up to 32 GB)
- High-quality stereo condenser microphone built in for instant audio capture
- 64 V-Tracks and eight simultaneous playback tracks
- eBand function for phrase training and play-along tracks
- Huge library of built-in backing and rhythm patterns
- World-class COSM amps and effects onboard
- Use as a USB audio interface with built-in effects
- SONAR X1 LE software included
Boss Micro BR BR-80 Digital Recorder Specifications
- Recording Media: SDHC Memory Card (4 GB to 32 GB) SD Memory Card (1 GB to 2 GB)
- Nominal Input Level: GUITAR/MIC IN jack: -20 dBu (GUITAR/MIC SW = GUITAR), -40 dBu (GUITAR/MIC SW = MIC) LINE IN jack:-10 dBu
- Input Impedance: GUITAR/MIC IN jack: 1M ohm (GUITAR/MIC SW = GUITAR), 6k ohms (GUITAR/MIC SW = MIC) LINE IN jack: 10k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: PHONES/LINE OUT jack: -14 dBu
- Output Impedance: PHONES/LINE OUT jack: 22 ohms
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots (with backlit)
- AD Conversion: 24 bits
- DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- USB Functions: 24-bit/44.1 kHz USB-AUDIO (Hi-Speed USB) USB Mass Storage Class (Hi-Speed USB) BUS Power operation
- Connectors: GUITAR/MIC IN jack (1/4" phone type) LINE IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type) PHONES/LINE OUT jack (Stereo miniature phone type) USB connector (mini-B type) DC IN jack
- Power Supply: DC 9V: AC Adaptor (sold separately) Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 2 Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 2 USB Bus Power
- Expected battery life: Approximately 6 hours (Alkaline dry cell batteries/with continuous playback of 8 tracks, power save function) * May vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of SD card used.
- Current Draw: 130 mA (DC IN)
- Accessories: SD Memory Card, SONAR X1 LE DVD-ROM, USB Cable (mini-B type), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 2, Owner's Manual
- Options (sold separately): AC Adaptor (PSA series), Silicone Rubber Case and Carrying Pouch: BA-BR80S
- Width: 138 mm, 5-7/16 inches
- Depth: 86 mm, 3-7/16 inches
- Height: 21.7 mm, 0-7/8 inches
- Weight: 140 g, 0 lbs. 5 oz.
- MTR Mode: 8 Simultaneously recording track: 2 V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
- eBand Mode: 2 (stereo) Simultaneously recording track: 2 (stereo)
- LIVE REC Mode: 2 (stereo) Simultaneously recording track: 2 *Either the playback or the recording
- MTR Mode: Linear (Bit Depth: 16 bits)
- eBand Mode: eBand Songs (Recording/Playback) WAV (Bit Depth: 16 bits, Playback only) MP3 (Bit Rates: 64 kbps to 320 kbps, Playback only)
- LIVE REC Mode: WAV (Bit Depth: 16 bits, Recording/Playback) MP3 (Bit Rates: 64 kbps to 320 kbps, Recording/Playback)
- MTR Mode: 3 hours (1 GB), 100 hours (32 GB)
- eBand Mode: eBand Song: 4 hours (1 GB), 130 hours (32 GB) WAV 16-bit, stereo: 1.5 hours (1 GB), 50 hours (32 GB) MP3 128 kbps, stereo: 16 hours(1 GB), 550 hours (32 GB)
- LIVE REC Mode: WAV 16-bit, stereo: 1.5 hours (1 GB), 50 hours (32 GB) MP3 128 kbps, stereo: 16 hours (1 GB), 550 hours (32 GB)
Boss Micro BR BR-80 Digital Recorder Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've received this little thing about a week ago, and though I haven't explored all functions yet, I must admit - it's perfect tools for practising guitar skills \ recording ideas on the fly \ writing songs. It even has drum-machine which can combine drum patterns in chains with different tempo and length, also you can import\export them from\to PC. It has guitar effects similar to Boss GT-10, you can edit your own patches, and more than that - there is also effect for acoustic guitar, vocal and "guitar-to-bass" simulator.
Work as audio interface flawlessly and smooth, with almost zero latency and clipping.
I recommend it to all guitarists that want to have compact practising \ recording tool.