BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer
The BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer provides all the features, functions, and specifications of the BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Equalizer, but at a lower price point, by eliminating all on unit controls - and making the BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer only controllable from the proprietary plug-in interface. Analog's sonic superiority combined with precise digital control.
The BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer was designed to have the greatest flexibility of any analog EQ, while still\ allowing absolute recall and repeatability. BetterMaker often found the strengths of software plug-ins wasnt their sound, but the ability to quickly audition different settings. This allowed us to make faster, better informed musical choices. The ability to jump back and forth between (sometimes vastly different) settings allowed us to keep a clear vision of the sonic goal in mind, while quickly making decisions on the best setting to use. However, BetterMaker recognized the sonic superiority of analog gear compared to their digital counterparts. In countless shoot-outs, the analog versions always won. Since BetterMaker is a company that cares about better sound over processing speed, our engineers would take the extra time to use a full analog chain because it simply sounds better. BetterMaker developed the EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer to give us the speed of plugins, but the fidelity of analog.
In the traditional analog world the time spent in the act of having to set and reset knobs and buttons to audition between settings often skewed our choices. More time was spent tweaking knobs trying to recover an earlier setting than was spent listening. The limited resolution of the mechanical parts often meant only very coarse adjustments were possible (previously only solvable by very expensive mechanical switches).
A difficult situation to say the least, but the greater fidelity, openness, and depth of the analog gear was always worth it to our ears. Even after years of advancement in digital algorithms, the older analog versions always sounded better. With these goals in mind, we strove to create a hybrid EQ that was the best of both worlds: A true analog EQ based on classic designs, but with the repeatability, fine resolution, and consistency of digital plug-ins. Enter the inspiration for theBetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer!
BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer Features
- 10 filters (5 on each channel) based on classic designs including 2 famous Pultec sections, 2 Highpass filters and 4 parametric filters with wide frequency ranges.
- Pultec section- Shelf filters based upon legendary constructions, offered in combined, matched stereo, with all the features including separate boost and attenuation knobs.
- 24dB/Oct Highpass filter, the only one on the market
- 4 Parametric filters (2 on each channel) covering form 15Hz to 15kHz.
- Full digital recall with 399 cells for your own presets.
- USB link to use the EQs just as you would use a plugin, including Automation.
- AU, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 & 64 bit, WIN, OSX) supported
- A/B comparing function
- Fully isolated analog and digital path for maximum separation of these two worlds.
- 7 presets to have a kick start!
- 24 dB headroom.
- Stereo, Dual Mono, M/S modes!
BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer Specifications
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 100kHz (-0.5dB)
- Dynamic range: more than 106 dB
- S/N ratio: more than 104 dB
- THD+N: less than 0.004%
- Channels: 2
- Weight: 7kg
- Supply voltage: 110V AC 50/60Hz or 230V AC 50Hz (depending on model)
- Power consumption: 15 W
- Input impedance: 10k Ohm unbalanced, 20k Ohm balanced
- Output impedance: 100 Ohm unbalanced, 200 Ohm balanced
- Max input level: +24dBu balanced or +18dBu unbalanced
- Max output level: +24dBu balanced or +18dBu unbalanced
- Unity gain: balanced: 0dB, unbalanced: -6dB
- Clip detector: present
- High-pass filter: 24db/oct 18 200Hz (variable)
- EQ 1 freq. range: 45 1000Hz
- EQ 1 gain: -15 +15dB
- EQ 1 bandwidth: 0.2oct 3oct
- EQ 2 freq. range: 650 15000Hz
- EQ 2 gain: -15 +15dB
- EQ 2 bandwidth: 0.2oct 3oct
- P EQ low freq. range: 20, 30, 60, 100Hz
- P EQ high freq. range: 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 16 kHz
- P EQ high cut freq: 5, 10, 20 kHz 6db/oct
- Preset storage capacity: 399 presets
BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer Includes
- EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer
- Power Cable
- One Year Warranty
BetterMaker EQ 232P MKII Remote Equalizer Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review