BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor
The BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor provides the sonic superiority of analog, with a fast VCA based circuit - perfect for buss processing, and furthers it's power with the precision of digital control - with it's proprietary plug-in interface.
The BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor was designed to have the greatest flexibility of any analog Compressor, while still allowing absolute recall and repeatability. We often found the strengths of software plugins wasnt their sound, but the ability to quickly audition different settings. This allowed us to make faster, better informed musical choices. The ability to jump back and forth between (sometimes vastly different) settings allowed us to keep a clear vision of the sonic goal in mind, while quickly making decisions on the best setting to use. However, we recognized the sonic superiority of our analog gear compared to their digital counterparts. In countless shoot-outs, the analog versions always won. Since were a company that cares about better sound over processing speed, our engineers would take the extra time to use a full analog chain because it simply sounds better. We developed the BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor to give us the speed of plugins, but the fidelity of analog.
In the traditional analog world the time spent in the act of having to set and reset knobs and buttons to audition between settings often skewed our choices. More time was spent tweaking knobs trying to recover an earlier setting than was spent listening. The limited resolution of the mechanical parts often meant only very coarse adjustments were possible (previously only solvable by very expensive mechanical switches). A difficult situation to say the least, but the greater fidelity, openness, and depth of the analog gear was always worth it to our ears. Even after years of advancement in digital algorithms, the older analog versions always sounded better. With these goals in mind, we strove to create a hybrid Compressor that was the best of both worlds: A true analog Compressor based on classic designs, but with the repeatability, fine resolution, and consistency of digital plug-ins. Enter the inspiration for the BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor!
BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor Features
- 3 in 1 compressor- 3 different modes of compression, one original and two based on classic designs.
- 500 series
- Stereo/Dual Mono/MS (with solo function)
- Free AU, VST, RTAS, AAX, 32 & 64 bit plugin controller for digital recal
- 399 onboard presets
- onboard UNDO function
- USB side chain (you can use the side chain just like in a plugin, no physical I/O needed)
- On board high pass side chain with selectable frequencies
- Lookahead mode for analog compression
- Wet/Dry for both channels
- 1:2 ratio for Expansion, Transient designing
- Unit to unit Internal linking. You do not need USB cables hanging, or any special enclosure. Modules will connect with each-other as long as they are inserted side by side.
- Possibility to use different modes on different channels, even different modes on M and S in Mid Side operation.
- A little about the different compression modes:
- This is the most gentle but versatile mastering compression mode but with very unique attack behavior. It works for the widest range of settings. It is great on Drums, Mix Buss.
- SG mode:
- This will be inspired by the classic British VCA buss compressor,
- similar parameters
- same ease of use
- It has all additional functions mentioned above, plus fluent attack and release ratio.
- Classic aggressive American compression based on a classic 160A
- Attack and release parameters do not display as they are fixed
- It has all additional functions mentioned above vs. the original.
BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor Specifications
- Operating Level: +4dBu
- Maximum Input: +22 dBu
- Maximum Output: +22 dBu (THD <1%)
- Max Gain Reduction: 25dB
- Ratios: 1.5, 2, 4, 6:1 + expander 1:2
- Makeup Gain: -10dB/+20dB
- Attack Time: 0.1 250ms (mode dependent)
- Release Time: 0.01 1,3s + auto (mode dependent)
- Sidechain Filter: OFF, 60Hz, 120Hz, External
- Input impedance: 10kohm + 10kohm (for balanced signal)
- Output Impedance: 75ohm + 75ohm (Quasi-floating balanced output)
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 20kHz; +/- 0.1dB
- Dynamic Range: = 121 dB @ +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- THD+N: <0.01%, +4 dBu, 20-20 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW
- CMRR: = 70 dB @ 1 kHz
- Crosstalk: = -91 dB, 20-20kHz, +18 dBu, channel-to-channel
- Maximum power consumption: 8W (250mA@+16V, 250mA@-16V for both slots)
- Shipping weight: 1,3kg
- Dimensions: H 13,3cm x W 7.6 cm x D 15,8cm
BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor Includes
- C502V 500-Series Compressor
- One Year Warranty
BetterMaker C502V 500-Series Compressor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review