BAE 1028 Preamp & EQ
The BAE 1028 Preamp & EQ is a 19-inch rackmount unit that is completely hand-wired using Carnhill St. Ives transformers. The 1028 has the exact same mic/line preamp as the 1073, but with significantly more frequencies in the mid and hi sections.
Aside from simply offering more frequency settings to play with, these expanded EQ sections also allow you to play the mid bell curve directly against the high and low shelves where they overlap. This capability opens the tone shaping possibilities in very interesting and musical ways. The 1028 includes the same low pass filter as the 1084, giving it 28 frequencies.
This version does not include the 24V power supply or linking cable, which is sold separately. If you already have a power supply then this unit is ideal for adding a second 1028 to your recording setup but you will need to purchase an additional 5-Pin DC Linking Cable. if you don't have a power supply then you will want to look at the BAE 1028 Bundle.
BAE 1028 Preamp & EQ Features
- High Frequency: +/-16dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 10kHz, 12kHz, 16kHz, 20kHz and 24kHz
- Low Frequency: +/-16dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz.
- Mid Range: +/-12dB or +/-18dB peaking with switchable selectable centre frequencies of 160Hz, 270Hz, 360Hz, 510Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz, 7.2kHz, 8.2kHz, 10kHz.
- High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz & 360Hz.
- Low Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 14kHz, & 18kHz.
- EQ Button: Switches the equaliser on or off
- Phase Button: 180°
BAE 1028 Preamp & EQ Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to -3dB at 55kHz
- High Pass Filter: 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz & 360Hz
- Low Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 14kHz & 18kHz
- Mic Input Impedance: ≈1200/300 ohms
- Line Input Impedance: 10k ohms
- DI Input Impedance: ≈150k ohms
- Output Impedance: 65 ohms
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 100dB min @ 60Hz
- Maximum Output Level: +27.4 dBu @ 600Ω
- Power Requirements: 115/230 VAC, 28W
- Gain dB: 0 to 80 dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -110 dBu; Unweighted 300kHz Bandwidth
- Weight (Module/Rackmount): 6 LBS/2.72 KG 10 LBS/4.54 KG
- Dimensions in Inches (Module/Rackmount): 45 mm W x 8.75 inches H x 10.5 inches D 19W x 1.75L x 9D
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review