Avantone MixTower Active Monitors
The Avantone MixTower Active Monitors are dynamic, high SPL, high resolution, full-range active reference monitors designed for Active recording / mix-down and playback monitors applications. Providing two distinct modes of operation, the MixTower Active Monitors deliver more natural studio monitor sound.
The Avantone MixTower Active Monitors are based on the renowned Avantone MixCubes. Many production environments do not have the space for multiple speaker systems, so the Avantone Pro developed the MixTower as a dual purpose monitor. The custom MixCube driver is mounted in an isolated box the exact dimensions of the Avantone MixCube. Run in MixCube mode, the driver responds full range, just like the Avantone MixCube. Run in three way mode, the driver is crossed over at 120Hz and 8000Hz to give the system a more natural studio monitor sound.
The Avantone MixTower Studio Reference Monitors are designed to be dynamic, high SPL, high resolution, full-range active reference monitors. The Avantone Pro included precise, no-compromise drivers in a compact format that complements modern production environments. Providing two distinct modes of operation, the Avantone MixTower Active Monitors allow full range monitoring and MixCube Mode.
Studios primarily use 2-way and 3-way large monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels. However, in the newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, iPod docking stations, etc.
It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing.
The Avantone MixTower Active Monitors allow the best of both worlds. Switching seamlessly between the original MixCube system and a full range system all in one stylish studio monitor. The MixCube is isolated in its own enclosure, identical to Avantone's existing design, and complemented by a 5.25" woofer and high quality air motion transformer activated by the included footswitch.
Avantone MixTower Active Monitors Features
- 3-Way studio monitors with switchable full range mid frequency driver
- Custom designed AMT
- MixCube full range mid frequency driver
- Custom 6.5 inch subwoofer
- Amplification: 68WRMS to HF driver, 68WRMS to MixCube driver, 132WRMS to LF driver
- Frequency response in DUO mode is TBA
- Frequency response in MONO mode is same as MixCube Mode
- Controls & Indicators include Knurled volume knob, ground lift switch, combo Phone/XLR balanced input, lit power switch
Avantone MixTower Active Monitors Specifications
- System Type: Active (Self-Powered) full-range stereo pair
- System Frequency Response: 45Hz-38,000Hz (Accessible musical range)
- Maximum SPL: 106dB @ 1 meter (pink noise); 108dB at 1 meter @1%THD (1kHz)
- Amplifier: Class HD
- High & Mid Frequency: Each 100WRMS, THD+N=0.5%
- Low Frequency: 200WRMS
- THD+N: 0.5%
- Amplifier Frequency Response: 22Hz-40KHz +1dB/- 3dB (50Hz-25KHz +/-0.25dB)
- Noise: S/N -113 dB "A" Weighted; THD+N=<0.2%@100W into 4 ohms.
- Cooling: Heat Sink-Aluminum panel
- High Frequency: Proprietary design, 3640mm2 air motion transformer
- Mid Frequency: Proprietary Design 4 Ohm 5.25" Cast Aluminum Frame / Paper Cone/Shielded, 25mm voice coil.
- Low Frequency: Custom designed 5.25" drivers with cast aluminum frame, 34mm voice coil
- Cabinet: Bass reflex design / 18mm MDF / with polyester acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: XLR & TRS +4dB Balanced and -10dB unbalanced
- Sensitivity: 0dBu (.775 VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Color: Black
- Cabinet Dimensions: W x H x D (190mm x 475mm x 255mm) (7.5" x 18.75" x 10")
- Cabinet Weight: 10.6kg (23.3lb)
Avantone MixTower Active Monitors Includes
- Pair of Avantone MixTower Monitors
- Bridge Cable
- External Power Supply
- 5 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
You wont find many reviews out there. Ive used many monitors in my years from Nsm to Genelecs Dynaudio Adams Blue sky Hafler Tannoy. These speakers are absolutely serious- don't let the name avantone discourage you because they are made in china. Each one has been tested and passed through quality check- This is there highline and I recently purchased them and was very very happy with the results. The only speakers I will add to these in the future again will be the Tannoy 800a. These speakers were a great addition to my Studio. If you can find somewhere to test them- do it. Then come and purchase them from front end audio. You wont regret it.