Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Microphone
The Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Microphone is designed to produce professional results with a clean sonic character. Featuring a transformerless Discreet Class A FET circuitry, high grade Polystyrene and Metalized Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path and a 32mm gold-sputter thin Mylar capsule, the CK-6 yields pleasing professional results.
The Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic is designed to offer true professional performance and meets or surpasses the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics.
The Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to fine studio-standard FET mics but at a fraction of their cost! The rugged Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass.
Aesthetically, the Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly. The transformerless Discreet Class A FET circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. The Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic houses a 32mm gold-sputter thin Mylar capsule.
The Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic in its normal stock version uses high grade Polystyrene and Metalized Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path. This represents Avantone's commitment to quality as these normally are the type of "upgrade" components that are implemented by microphone modders/hot-rodders! Any studio can proudly offer the Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic for instrumental and vocal mikingIt exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability, the versatile Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic is able to produce professional results with a clean sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Mic has separate -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches..The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics. The 80Hz high-pass filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from "muddying up" the track.
Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Microphone Features
- Body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass
- An elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly
- Transformerless Discreet Class A FET circuitry to yield pleasing professional results
- A 32mm gold-sputter thin Mylar capsule
- High grade Polystyrene and Metalized Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path
- Yield a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability
- Separate -10 dB pad for miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics
- 80 Hz LF roll off switch to reduce rumble and to keep from unwanted low frequencies
- Perfect for Studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, and piano applications
Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Microphone Specifications
- Type: True Transformerless Condenser
- Polar Pattern(s): Cardioid
- Capsule: Single-sided 32mm center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 35-20,000 Hz +/- 3.5dB
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: <17dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10 dB
- Power Requirement: Standard 48 Volt Phantom / 5mA
- Dimensions: 155mm x 46mm
- Weight: .4 kg / .9 lb
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
Avantone CK-6 Cardioid Microphone Includes
- Avantone CK-6 Cardioid FET Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Elegant padded genuine Wooden Mic Box
- Padded Aluminum Storage / Travel Case
- Printed Owners Manual
- 5 Year Warranty
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It was a nice experience dealing with your company. Everything went well, the microphone has arrived safely.
I went around looking for a LDC for my very small home studio, and after months of looking, listening and comparing, I went with this mic. I'm not disappointed at all, to say the least. It's a little bit on the bright side, but that's how I like it. It's not major. The case and shockmount are all top-notch. I've also purchased some Avant CK-1s and am equally thrilled. This company knows what they're doing.
i bought the mic based on the company's product details, and the dealers rep for carrying the finest equipment (frontend audio) new client new mic, a ck-6 through symetrix 528 E mic pre - logic pro 7 i was surprise, could not believe what i was hearing ,not your average cheap bright sounding mic, the mastering engineer kept asking what mic did you use, my $1000.00 AKG C 414 has not been in use for three projects , ck-6 not your average cheap bright sounding mic give it a try trust me add this one to your mic collection, also great on acoustic guitars