Audix D6 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone
The Audix D6 delivers satisfying lows and present top end with a carved midrange making for a microphone which is both great onstage and in the studio for kick drums, percussion, and bass cabinets.
The Audix D6 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone provides huge kick drum sound with ground shaking low end while delivering exceptional clarity and attack.
Designed, machined, assembled and tested by Audix in the USA, the D6 is a dynamic instrument microphone used for stage, studio and broadcast applications. The D6, which is characterized with a cardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control, is equipped with a VLM (Very Low Mass) diaphragm for natural, accurate sound reproduction.
The D6 is lightweight, compact and easy to position. With a wide frequency response of 30 Hz - 15 kHz and the ability to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 144 dB, the D6 is an excellent choice for miking instruments requiring extended low frequency reproduction such as kick drum, large toms, and bass cabinets.
Roadworthy construction includes a precision machined aluminum body, black anodized finish, laser etched model and serial number, steel mesh grill, Switchcraft XLR connector and includes a tension-fit heavy duty nylon mic clip.
Transformerless design, low impedance, and balanced output allow for interference-free performance even with long cable runs.
Audix D6 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone Features
- Compact, lightweight
- Machined aluminum body
- VLM (very low mass) diaphragm
- Studio quality sound
- Excellent mid-bass transient response
- Handles extremely high SPL without distortion
- Roadworthy construction
- 5 year warranty
Audix D6 Applications
- Live stage, recording
- Kick drum
- Floor tom
- Bass cabinets
- Leslie bottom
Audix D6 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 15 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 0.8 mV / Pa @ 80 Hz
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type E
- Off Axis Rejection: >20 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥144 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: Switchcraft male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing / Finish: Machined Aluminum / Black Hard Coat
- Weight: 217 g / 7.7 ounces
- Length: 117 mm / 4.6 inches
Audix D6 Includes
- 1 x D6 Instrument Mic
- 1 x DCLIP Mic Clip
- 1 x P1 Carrying Pouch
- TRIPOD - Tripod mic stand
- DFLEX - All purpose percussion clamp
- DVICE - Spring loaded rim mount clamp
- DCLAMP - Tension rod mic clamp
- CBL-20 - 20 XLR-XLR mic cable
- CBL-DR25 - 25 right angle XLR-XLR mic cable
- STAND-KD - Adjustable kick drum mic stand
- CAB GRABBER - Tension held mic holder, clamps to guitar cabinets
Audix D6 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone Downloads
What We Think
"The Audix D6, like the rest of the D series drum mics, is a 'pre-EQ'd' microphone that has a wide mid-scoop around 600Hz and peaks around 63Hz and 5kHz. So, the D6 is not a flat-response microphone in the least; it is a purpose-built microphone designed to be unique. However, it's purpose is to deliver a sound which requires little to no equalization in order to deliver a satisfying sound. It really brings out the slap of the beater of a kick drum while delivering a bottom end which is sufficient, but which won't dominate your mix. It really is perfect for the modern rock kick drum sound and excels when bringing out the 'click' on a bass track. In fact, the D6 has become one of our favorite ways to capture bass amps. It really evokes the clarity of each note while delivering the right amount of air on the track to naturally soften the transients. And for the more adventurous recordists, give it a try on a snare drum. It can be a 'splatty' sound, but we've found moments where this can be a useful artistic statement in the right track."
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review