Audio Technica ATM230 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
The Audio Technica ATM230PK features a set of three compact microphones suitable for mic rack and floor toms, snare drums, and other percussion instruments.
The mics proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern keeps the focus on the sound source, directionality that is aided by the mics low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. All this makes the ATM230 ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments.
The ATM230 features rugged metal construction that stands up to the rigors of live and studio applications, and comes with an AT8665 drum mount and a protective pouch.
Audio Technica ATM230 Dynamic Instrument Microphone Features
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Handles very high SPL at close range
- Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
- Rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
Audio Technica ATM230 Dynamic Instrument Microphone Specifications
- ELEMENT: Dynamic
- POLAR PATTERN: Hypercardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 12,000 Hz
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: 53 dB V (2.2mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE: 595 ohms
- WEIGHT: 415 g (14.6 oz)
- DIMENSIONS: 82.5 mm (3.2") long, 38.0 mm (1.5") diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8665 drum mount; soft protective pouch
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: R2
Audio Technica ATM230 Dynamic Instrument Microphone Includes
- x3 AT8665 drum mount
- x3 soft protective pouch
Audio Technica ATM230 Dynamic Instrument Microphone Warranty
- Two Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Alan is always super helpful and knowledgeable.