Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones
The ATH-MSR7 Over-Ear High-Resolution Audio Headphones are designed to reproduce Hi-Res Audio, allowing users to hear music the way it was intended.
The over-ear headphones are outfitted with exclusive 45 mm True Motion Drivers, which utilize lightweight voice coils, a custom-mounted printed circuit board and specially designed diaphragm to improve transient response and minimize sound distortion for rich, detailed audio reproduction.
The ATH-MSR7 headphones also feature multi-layered air damping technology for extended mid-to-low frequency response. The housings, designed to mirror the full shape of the ear, are constructed of an aluminum/magnesium mix, layered to provide a lightweight, rigid structure that reduces unwanted resonance. Three precisely placed vents within these layers work to control air flow and improve dynamics.
The over-ear headphones highly flexible swivel design, with soft, memory foam earpads and headband ensure lasting comfort even during the longest listening sessions. And with three detachable cables (standard 1.2 m (3.9') and 3.0 m (9.8') cables, plus a 1.2 m (3.9') cable with in-line controls and microphone for compatible smartphones and other devices) the ATH-MSR7 can provide Hi-Res Audio anywhere you go.
Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones Features
- Newly designed 45 mm True Motion Drivers deliver Hi-Res Audio reproduction
- Multi-layer Air Damping Technology comprised of a layered aluminum/magnesium housing and triple-vent system reduces unwanted vibration and controls air stream for high audio clarity
- Ultra-comfortable, soft, memory foam earpads and headband
- Three detachable cables: standard 1.2 m (3.9') and 3.0 m (9.8') cables, plus 1.2 m (3.9') smartphone-compatible cable with in-line controls & mic
- Stainless steel acoustic mesh resistor provides improved high-frequency response, while bass acoustic resistor delivers accurate low-frequency response
Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones Specifications
- Type: Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Frequency Response: 5-40,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 2,000 mW
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Impedance : 35 ohms
- Cable: Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') standard cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') standard cable, detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable with in-line controls and microphone for smartphones
- Connector: 3.5 mm gold-plated stereo mini plug, L-shaped
- Accessories Included: Protective pouch
- Type (Microphone): Condenser
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 50 - 4,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern (Microphone): Omnidirectional
- Weight: 290g (1 lbs)
Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones Includes
- Carrying case
- Three detachable cables
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I bought a pair of these as an alternative to my 7506s. These have a bigger bottom end and isolate very well. Some may prefer the Sonys and others these. I recommend both for different reasons.
I bought these as a primary headphone to use in both tracking and also as a way to check mixes for my projects.
I use a small set of monitors as nearfields, I find that they lack in bass response and so was looking for a headphone that was accurate and clear. While I do feel there is a very slight bump in the low frequency response, I also find that they very accurately portray the sound in the low end as well as display a nice even response in the mids and up through the highs as well.
For tracking they excel admirably since they are very good at blocking unwanted noise, and also keep the sound from leaking into any tracking microphones.
Overall they are the absolute best sounding headphones for the money, and indeed are well worth the price, I would have paid twice what I did for them. As such I would absolutely purchase another set if I were to lose or break these ones. They suit my every need both in the studio and also as a fantastic pair of headphones to enjoy music with.
I've been devoted to the Sony MDR-7506 for years, but always hated the heavy coiled cord catching on things and weighing me down. The ATH-M50S has a straight cord and sounds as good or better than the Sonys. It also seals better for studio use and fits around the ear more completely.