Audio Technica AT4047/SV Cardioid Microphone w/ Shock Mount
Audio Technica AT4047/SV Cardioid Microphone with that rich warm sound takes you back to the classic F.E.T. studio microphones!
Audio Technica AT4047/SV Details
The rich, warm sound takes you back to the classic F.E.T. studio microphones. But thereâ??s nothing remotely old-fashioned about the technology behind that vintage sound. The Audio Technica AT4047/SV studio condenserâ??s dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range. With a wide dynamic range, incredibly low self-noise and high SPL capability, this versatile microphone excels on vocals, strings, acoustic guitar, instrument ensembles, small vocal groups, and voiceovers. Audio Technica AT4047/SV is another in a venerable line of studio artistsâ?? dreams come true: the 40 Series, from Audio-Technica.
Audio Technica AT4047/SV Specifications
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 - 18,000 Hz
- Element: Capacitor
, Typical: 140 dB, 1 kHz at Max. SPL Dynamic Range
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Powered: - 48V DC phantom(+/-4V)
Audio Technica AT4047/SV Features
- Designed for critical studio, live sound and broadcast applications
- Transformer-coupled output and specially-tuned element provide sonic characteristics reminiscent of early F.E.T. studio microphone designs
- Exceptionally low self-noise, wide dynamic range and high SPL capability
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Vintage silver-matte finish on microphone and shock mount
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The AT4047 does have a specific sound, but I find it's a sound I like a lot, and has lots of uses. It is also a great value in the world of DIY professional recording. I'd say the mic has a 'grit' to it, and a nice forward midrange character. I use it all the time on drum overheads (Glyn Johns setup), in front of kick drums, drumset front/room, male vocals, and have had success on bass amps. The AT4047 is currently my go-to large diaphragm condenser. I own two, and would like a third...the AT4047MP has got my eye!