Aston Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
The Aston Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone is designed to deliver a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate microphone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to.
A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer balanced circuitry using only the best components.
Aston Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Features
- Wave-Form Mesh Head
- The Aston Origin has our signature wave-form mesh head. This unique design not only looks great, but delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the heart of your microphone, the capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
- Built In Pop Filter
- Astons vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. The random weave allows sound to pass while virtually eliminating unwanted plosives at source. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making our microphones ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so wont rust with use, and can even be removed and washed.
- End Caps
- Yet another unique design element of the Aston Origin, is the use of custom moulded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor. No other mic has this. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built in, and interchangeable thread adapter. The design also makes Aston microphones extremely easy to repair and maintain.
- Part of the beauty of our microphones is the custom finish of each chassis. There are no mass-produced paint job finishes here instead, each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing, and extremely beautiful, finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is separately engraved with its legends, and our brand mantra The art of performance
- Superbly balanced mix of discrete and integrated electronic circuitry.
- Harmonized circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias.
- A novel non-linear voltage/current source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/ clear audio.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging
- We have put our hearts and minds into creating the most beautiful performance pieces possible with each Aston product. When it comes to packaging we believe simplicity is king. Protective, re-useable, environmentally sensible packaging that doesnt cost the earth.
Aston Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 80dB A-Weighted
- Polar pattern: Omni/Cardioid/Figure-of-Eight
- Pad Switches: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation
Aston Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Includes
- 3 Year (Limited) Warranty
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I was looking to replace my Blue Spark as a room mic for my drum room. Gave myself a budget of $500 and researched the possibilities by watching people's mic shoot-outs. I loved the multi-pattern options on the Spirit and the high-pass filter too. This thing is just amazing for the price and my application, the top end is very clear and smooth without being harsh or brittle. The mids are full and the low end is really good too. This thing is exactly what I needed and Front End Audio is always my goto for high-end recording gear. Great prices, free shipping and a wealth of knowledge. Actually, here's a link to a demo vid I did for the Aston Spirit in my drum room and how I use it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8qWoC2g0E0&t=12s
This microphone is beyond.