Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer
The Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer is a 100% analog synthesizer that features a 16x16 modulation matrix, 64-step sequencer, and 256 patch memories.
The sound engine boasts three analog oscillators with a sub oscillator on oscillators one and two. Additionally, oscillator three doubles as an LFO and can be used as an audio source simultaneously. The noise generator offers white, pink, red and blue noise types.
All oscillators, noise source, and external input are blended in the mixer section before routing to the filters. The multi-mode Steiner-Parker filter and the traditional multi-mode ladder filter can be configured in either series or parallel. The synth also includes two additional LFOs with seven waveforms each and three envelope generators with ADSR capabilities on the first two. The third envelope generator offers a DADSR, which creates an abundance of sound shaping and sculpting tools.
The Matrix section serves as the heart of the MatrixBrute, allowing for complex modulation routing, step-sequencing, and instant preset recall. The modulation routing allows you to assign any of the 16 modulation sources to any of the 16 modulation destinations. The matrix also functions as a 64-step sequencer with separate step, accent, slide, and modulation steps. The preset mode allows you to recall any of the 256 presets at the touch of a button.
The MatrixBrute offers true analog effects to enhance your sonic masterpiece with choices including analog delay, chorus, flanger and analog reverberator. Additionally, the analog effects can be set as modulation destinations in the matrix. The keyboard sports a 49-note velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch. On the rear of the synth, there are a number of ports including two expression pedals, one sustain pedal, Gate I/O, and Sync I/O. Additionally, there are 12 CV inputs and outputs which are designed to interface with any standard 1 V/Oct modular synthesizer. The MatrixBrute includes 128 factory presets and ships with a power cord and USB cable.
Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer Features
- Analog Matrix Synthesizer
- 256 Preset memory locations
- 2 Analog Exponential VCOs:
- Saw + UltraSaw, Square +Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer, Sub
- 1 Analog Linear VCO/LFO
- Saw, Square, Triangle, Sine waveforms; LFO time divisions; Key track
- VCO 2>1 Hard Sync
- Audio Mod:
- VCO1>2 ; VCO1 < VCO3> VCO2 ; VCF 1 < VCO3> VCF 2 ; VCF1 < Noise> VCF2
- Noise Generator:
- White ; Pink ; Red ; Blue noise types
- 5-input Audio Mixer with Filter routing
- Steiner-Parker filter with 12+24 db per octave modes ; Drive ; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch
- Ladder filter with 12+24 db per octave modes ; Drive ; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass
- 2 LFOs
- Sine, Tri, Square, Ramp, Saw, Random, S&H
- 3 Envelope Generators
- 2 Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- 1 Delay, Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- External Audio In
- 16x16 Matrix modulation panel
- 64 step sequencer
- STEP enable, Slide, Accent, Modulation
- Save and recall sequence patterns on the fly
- Analog Effects
- Stereo delay, Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Analog Reverberator
- 12 CV / Gate Inputs/Outputs
- Audio Input, Line or Instrument level
- Stereo audio output
- MIDI and USB I/O
- Pedal inputs for Expression and Sustain
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review