Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer
The Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer is designed to be a supremely powerful, modern analog classic synthesizer. Based upon the greatest Arturia's synthesizers, famous ‘Brute’ style oscillators, paired with the Steiner Parker and Dr. Bob Moog ladder filters, analog effects and modulation matrix, it gives you a wealth of tools and amazing sonic character to build your own sounds up.
The Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer is arguably the most powerful analog monophonic synthesizer ever ! As flexible as a modular system but offering presets, the Arturia MatrixBrute is a dream machine for everyone interested in creating a sound palette of their own. When was the last time you felt your heart beating faster? When was the last time you heard sounds you had never heard before? When was the last time you met an instrument that truly inspired pleasure and creativity? The Arturia MatrixBrute is an outstanding analog synthesizer. Offering three Brute oscillators, a Steiner-Parker filter and a ladder filter, five analog effects, and the incredible modulation matrix. It is a massive sonic beast.
The Arturia MatrixBrute is an analog synthesizer that redefines a class of performance and studio synths that has not been matched since the glory days of the 70’s and 80’s. Designed to be flexible and fun to use, evocative and awe inspiring, and most importantly, a world-class musical instrument; the Arturia MatrixBrute gives you the depth you need to design and keep inspired for years to come .The goal was to create a synthesizer with the flexibility of a modular but at the same time have it be intuitive and programmable for the live and studio musician. 1:1 knob and button interface for ease of use; pure analog sound with the fattest oscillator in the industry; two filters based on the original designs of Dr. Bob and Nyle Steiner, but taken to new levels; real analog delay effects on the output and the eye catching matrix modulation. All these features and more add up to create a landmark electronic music platform.
Power Beyond the Matrix
The heart of the Brute MatrixBrute is its unique modulation matrix that allows you to create your own routings. You can invent a sound palette of your own that will be sure to be heard in any mix ! The matrix can also be used to recall your presets. So go on stage, and select any of the 256 presets instantly! No menus or awkward selection screens, everything is at your fingertips. As if it was not enough, the matrix is also made to program and play sequences. This is no ordinary step-sequencer. With its ability to also be used as a modulation source, sounds evolve in melody and texture, just the way you want.
Sound Beyond the Power
Offering a audiosignal path that is is 100% analog, the Arturia MatrixBrute also features true analog effects. The Arturia MatrixBrute gives you the sonic quality and power of a vast modular synthesizer but with the flexibility of presets along with a great arpeggiator and an advanced sequencer. The Arturia MatrixBrute is a truly empowering instrument!! It offers tons of connections so you can work in any set-up. It brings a quality keybed and a solid chassis. No endless menus or screens to navigate or multi-function buttons to remember. Forget about connectivity issues. This is you in control. This is you inventing sounds. This is analog avant- garde.
So What Does MatrixBrute Sound Like?
The Arturia Matrixbrute is obviously an amazing looking synth but as they say, looks are not everything. The heart of the Arturia MatrixBrute is sound; analog sound; huge, pure, awesome, delicate, wild, melodious, nasty, ostentatious, dramatic, amusing, ferocious, and even sophisticated sound.
Forget about tiny LCD screens, being lost in menus and sub-menus, and trying to remember double functions and complex procedures. The Arturia MatrixBrute brings back the fun and the immediate hands-on experience of synthesis. When you want things to shake, grab the Sub Osc slider and bring it on. When you want it to sizzle, grab the filter knob and open it up. And when it’s time to unleash the beast, grab the Brute Factor™ knob and turn it loose! It’s that easy.
The foundation for any great synthesizer requires great oscillators. Arturia has them in spades! The Arturia MatrixBrute has two ‘Brute style’ oscillators, each with its own sub oscillator and the wave shapers that made the Minibrute the new standard in analog synths. With the analog UltraSaw you can make this single oscillator sound like three detuned sawtooth oscillators. The Metalizer on the triangle wave can take your sound from mello to extreme. The sub-oscillator with its waveform control adds low end beefy goodness. Arturia also gives you a third oscillator that has sine, triangle, saw and square waveforms. This unique oscillator can be used as an audio source and as a modulation source at the same time. Arturia has added the most advanced Noise generator on a production synth ever. With white, pink, red and blue noise colors, you can create all kinds of new sounds. The noise generator can also be a modulator to add some dirt to the oscillators or filters.
Complex Audio Mods
The AUDIO MOD section allows you to create complex audio modulations. You can route oscillators to other oscialltors to create dense cross modulation sounds as well as routing oscillators and the noise generator to filters to add some more grit and grime into your sound.
Modulation sources give life to your sound. They animate it and give it dimension. Arturia has included 3 LFO modulation sources. LFO’s 1 and 2 give you a vast array of waveforms to choose from. These LFO’s can also sync to the sequencer or MIDI clock so that you can twist and bend your sound in time to the music. The 3rd LFO is part of VCO 3 and has the ability to track the keyboard for sounds that change as you play up and down. 3 Envelopes are also included to give you time based control over filter, VCA’s or any other parameter you want to route them to via the matrix. Arturia's hyper-fast punchy envelopes will allow you to create hard hitting bass and lead sounds. Draw them out and they become soundscape creating time machines.
Lastly a good synthesizer is part of an ecosystem. One that allows you to work with other devices, and to interconnect modules using industry standard protocols. The Arturia MatrixBrute excels in this area. With 12 CV inputs and outputs that allow you to tie into the matrix, you can use Eurorack standard modules to add even more flexibility to Arturia MatrixBrute. Imagine being able to plug in a boutique company modulation source and controlling the powerful Arturia MatrixBrute synth engine. Imagine using sources or macros in Arturia MatrixBrute to then control multiple destinations in your custom modular synth. Imagine bringing external audio into the mixer so adding even more tone generating capability is just a plug away. Syncronize your vintage drum machines or external sequencers with the DIN/clock sync in and outs. Connect to a computer using USB or to MIDI equipped sound modules. External pedal controllers like footswitches or expression pedals can also be used to give you more performance options. Arturia Matrixbrute is the pinnacle of analog sound and connectivity.
A synthesizer is meant to be an interactive musical instrument. At the center is the keyboard and Arturia 49 note velocity keybed with aftertouch gives you a great platform for playing. But playing the synthesizer is more than just pressing keys. Arturia has the standard pitch bend and mod wheels that you will find on most synths but Arturia has added 4 macro knobs that can be assigned, and routed via the Matrix, to any of the modulation destinations. This allows for single knob control of up to 16 parameters. Using the macros will take your performances to new levels. On top of this Arturia has an amazing sequencer and arpeggiator for making musical patterns or tempo sync’ed modulations.
Analog Output Effects
Synthesizers and effects can be a touchy subject. Too often companies put poor quality, poor sounding digital effects at the end of their analog audio chain which leads to bad overall sound. Arturia built in 5 high quality true analog effects that will be sure to impress. From stereo delay and mono delay to chorus and flanging as well as a unique multi-tap reverberator, Arturia's new analog effects are the perfect finish to this impressive sound chain.
Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer Features
- Three Analog Oscillators: Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, waves with the unique waveshapers that have become the trademark of the 'Brute' sound. There is also a sub-oscillator on each of the two Brute oscillators.
- Combination VCO/LFO Oscillator: The third Osciallator can be used for both audio signals and LFO modulation at the same time. You do not have to choose either operation here so you can always have that big 3 oscillator sound.
- Noise Generator: Noise generator with White, Pink, Red and Blue noise types. The most versatile on the market.
- Audio Mod: The AUDIO MOD section allows for complex oscillator and filter FM possibilities bringing whole new tonalities to your sound.
- Performance Controls: Pitch bend and mod wheels and 4 Macro encoders which can be assigned to any of the modulation destinations for instant hands on performance playing.
- Voice Modes: Multiple keyboard modes for mono, paraphonic and duo-split modes. Split oscialltors for paraphonic mode or use the duo split mode to play a sequence while playing notes over the top of it.
- Three LFO’s: Two standalone LFO’s with 7 waveforms and trigger modes allow for complex modulations. The combination VCO/LFO adds a 3rd LFO in the system.
- Mixer: Mix and blend Oscillators 1, 2, 3, as well as the noise generator and EXTERNAL input sources. Route each mixer input to the filter of your choice using the FILTER assign buttons.
- Steiner-Parker filter: Arturia has upgraded their Steiner Parker filter to support both 12db per octave and 24db per octave slopes as well as a DRIVE control for making thicker sounds. The 4 modes, Low pass, band pass, high pass, and notch allow for a vast array of sound making possibilites.
- Ladder Filter: Arturia has included a traditional beefy Ladder filter with both 12db and 24db per octave slopes as well as Low Pass, High Pass & Band Pass modes and a Drive control. This filter design is known for making punchy bass and thick lead sounds.
- Filter routing: The two filters can be patched in series or in parallel configurations.
- 3 Envelope Generators: The two ADSR envelopes and the 3rd DADSR envelope give you plenty of sound sculpting tools.
- 256 Memory locations: Store and recall your favorite sounds at the touch of a button. You can organize, save and load new banks of sounds using the free MIDI Control Center editor application. Arturia delivers MatrixBrute with 128 factory presets.
- The Matrix: The matrix is the heart of Arturia Matrixbrute. It allows for complex modulation routing, step-sequencing and instant preset recall.
- Modulation Routing: You can assign any of 16 modulation sources to any of 16 mod destinations. 4 destinations are user programmable and can be seen in the e-ink display. Set amounts of each modulation routing using the data encoder.
- Step Sequencer: The matrix can be used as a 64 step sequencer with separate STEP, ACCENT, SLIDE and MODULATION steps.
- Preset Recall: In Preset mode the matrix allows you to recall any of 256 presets at the touch of a button.
- True Analog Effects: To enhance your sonic pleasure Arturia has added an analog and Delay/ Chorus/ Flanger to the output. Choose from any of 5 operation modes. And YES! the controls in the analog effects can be set as modulation destinations in the Matrix.
- Sequencer/Arpeggiator controls: The sequencer and arpeggiator add to the playability of the Arturia Matrixbrute. Multiple modes of both the seq and arp allow for unlimited musical ideas to be realized.
- Keyboard: The 49 note keyboard features both velocity and aftertouch for a musical feel with plenty of expression.
- Master Audio Outputs: Stereo ¼” jacks for your master audio outputs.
- Control Voltage Interfacing: 12 CV Inputs and 12 CV Outputs allow the Arturia Matrixbrute to interface with your standard 1V per octave modular synth gear.
- Audio Input: Line and instrument levels allow for adding an external oscillator from your favorite modular synth or processing a guitar or bass through the filters, VCA and analog effects.
- Gate I/O: The Gate inputs and outputs allow you to trigger external gear or trigger the internal envelopes remotely.
- Sync In and Out: This allows you to synchronize the Arturia MatrixBrute’s sequencer and arpeggiator with external devices.
- Pedal Inputs: Expression and Sustain pedal inputs give you real-time control to expand on your expressive capabilities control.
- MIDI Interfacing: Standard MIDI in, out and thru will connect you to both modern and vintage gear alike.
- USB: USB I/O allows you to interface to a computer DAW directly. This is also the link to use Arturia's free editor/librarian software provided for the Arturia MatrixBrute.
Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer Specifications
- Type: Analog Matrix Synthesizer
- Presets: 256 Preset memory locations
- Analog Exponential VCO's: 2 Analog Exponential VCO’s
- Saw + UltraSaw, Square +Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer, Sub
- Analog Linear VCO/LFO: 1 Analog Linear VCO/LFO
- Saw, Square, Triangle, Sine waveforms; LFO time divisions; Key track
- VCOs: 2>1 Hard Sync
- Audio Mod: VCO1>2 ; VCO1 < VCO3> VCO2 ; VCF 1 < VCO3> VCF 2 ; VCF1 < Noise> VCF2
- Noise Generator: White ; Pink ; Red ; Blue noise types
- Input Audio Mixers: 5 Input Audio Mixer with Filter routing
- Steiner Parker Filter: With 12+24 db per octave modes ; Drive ; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch
- Ladder Filter: With 12+24 db per octave modes ; Drive ; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass
- LFOs: 2 LFO’s (Sine, Tri, Square, Ramp, Saw, Random, S&H)
- Envelope Generators: 3 Envelope Generators
- 2 Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- 1 Delay, Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- External Audio In: Yes
- Matrix Mod Panel: 16x16 Matrix modulation panel
- Sequencer: 64 Step Sequencer
- STEP enable, Slide, Accent, Modulation (Save and recall sequence patterns on the fly)
- Analog Effects: Stereo delay, Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Analog Reverberator
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- 12 CV / Gate Inputs/Outputs: Yes
- Audio Input: Line or Instrument level
- Audio Output: Stereo Audio Output
- MIDI and USB I/O: Yes
- Pedal Inputs: For Expression and Sustain
- Instrument Size: 33.8 x 17 x 4.2 inches (860 x 432 x 107mm)
- Instrument Weight: 44 lbs. (20 Kg)
Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer Includes
- Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer
- IEC AC Power Cord
- User Manual
Arturia Matrixbrute Synthesizer Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review