ART PDB Passive Direct Box
The ART PDB Passive Direct Box is rock solid, roadworthy DI Box that allows connection of the outputs of electronic musical instruments (or other audio sources) to the balanced inputs of mixer consoles. It also allows connection of a music source to an instrument amplifier while simultaneously patching it to a mixer via the PDB DI Box.
The ART PDB Passive Direct Box features switchable input attenuation (0 dB, -20dB, -40dB), a 50k ohm instrument input, 50k ohm parallel link jack, a 600 ohm XLR output jack, and a switchable ground lift. The high impedance signal from a guitar or bass guitar pickup is translated by the ART PDB™ into a low impedance balanced signal required by mixing consoles. The ART PDB™ also allows connection of a music source to an instrument amplifier while simultaneously patching it to a mixer.
The ART PDB automatically balances and matches the line level outputs of modern electronic keyboards. If you are using a multiple keyboard setup and your keyboards are all plugged into a single instrument amplifier, the ART PDB can be used to replace individual direct boxes.
Simply send the output of the instrument amplifier to the ART PDB and then to the console (instead of a separate DI box for each keyboard).
DJ mixers often supply only an unbalanced 10dB signal. The ART PDB converts this signal to a balanced line level signal before it reaches the console, while providing a convenient method of connector transition with the capability to run long cable.
ART PDB Passive Direct Box Features
- Switchable Input Attenuation - 0dB for electric guitar and bass pickups, -20dB for line level signals, such as keyboards and cd players, -40dB for speaker feeds
- 50k Ohm Instrument Input - The PDB matches the signal level and impedance with unity gain, without any adverse effects on the source signal.
- 50k Ohm Parallel Link jack - The 50k ohm parallel link jack output enables you to connect the output from the PDB directly to power amplifiers without a separate preamplifier.
- 600 Ohm XLR Output Jack - The 600 ohm XLR output jack enables you to send a balanced signal to a mixing console.
- Switchable Ground Lift - A switchable ground lift is provided to help eliminate hum caused by ground loops.
ART PDB Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 50 kHz +/- 0.5dB @ +4dBu
- Output Connections: 600 O XLR Output Jack
- Ground Lift: Switchable
- Input Attenuation: Switchable (0dB, -20dB, -40dB)
- Instrument Input: 50k O
- Parallel Link Jack: 50k O
- Dimensions: 3? x 5? x 2?
ART PDB Passive Direct Box Includes
- ART PDB Passive Direct Box
- Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
ART PDB Passive Direct Box Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review