ART DPDB Passive Direct Box
The ART DPDB Passive Direct Box is a rock solid, roadworthy DI Box for connection of the outputs of electronic musical instruments (or other audio sources) to the balanced inputs of mixer consoles and other balanced inputs.
The ART DPDB Passive Direct Box features two high-quality direct boxes in one portable enclosure. It also allows connection of a music source to an instrument amplifier while simultaneously patching it to a mixer. The ART DPDB Passive Direct Box features switchable Input Attenuation (0 dB, -20dB, -40dB), a 50k ohm Instrument Input, 50k ohm Parallel Link jack, a 600 ohm XLR Output Jack, and a switchable Ground Lift.
The ART DPDB Passive Direct Box excels at impedance matching and improving the sound of any instrument plugged into it. The ART DPDB Passive Direct Box is a must-have in any audio tool kit. Enclosed in a rugged steel chassis, it is designed and manufactured to the highest standards to provide years of quiet, reliable performance.
ART DPDB Passive Direct Box Applications
- Electric guitar and bass pick up output signals – The high impedance signal from a guitar or bass guitar pickup is translated by the ART DPDB™ into a low impedance balanced signal required by mixing consoles.
- Keyboards and line level signals – The ART DPDB™ automatically balances and matches the line level outputs of modern electronic keyboards. If you are using a multiple keyboard setup and your keyboards are all plugged into a single instrument amplifier, the ART DPDB™ can be used to replace individual direct boxes. Simply send the output of the instrument amplifier to the ART DPDB™ and then to the console (instead of a separate DI box for each keyboard).
- DJ console output signals – DJ mixers often supply only an unbalanced -10dB signal. The ART DPDB™ converts this signal to a balanced line level signal before it reaches the console, while providing a convenient method of connector transition with the capability to run long cables.
- Speaker level signals – The ART DPDB’s ability to accept speaker level inputs from a power amplifier’s output allows post-amplifier, post eq and effects signals to be fed directly to the console. In this manner, a particular effect or amplifier sound can be sent directly to the mix.
ART DPDB Passive Direct Box Features
- Switchable Input Attenuation (0dB for electric guitar and bass pickups, -20dB for line level signals, such as keyboards and CD players, -40dB for speaker feeds)
- 50k Ohm Instrument Input - The ART DPDB matches the signal level and impedance with unity gain, without any adverse effects on the source signal
- Parallel Link jack - The 50k ohm parallel link jack output enables you to connect the output from the ART DPDB directly to power amplifiers without a separate preamplifier
- 600 Ohm XLR Output Jack - The 600 ohm XLR output jack enables you to send a balanced signal to a mixing console
- Switchable Ground Lift - A switchable ground lift is provided to help eliminate hum caused by ground loops
- Stereo Output Capabilities - Perfect for various stereo applications such as keyboard(s) or guitar(s)
ART DPDB Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 50 kHz +/- 0.5dB @ +4dBu
- Output Connections: 600 O XLR Output Jack
- Ground Lift: Switchable
- Input Attenuation: Switchable (0dB, -20dB, -40dB)
- Instrument Input: 50k O
- Parallel Link Jack: 50k O
- Dimensions: 5.75? x 5? x 2?
ART DPDB Passive Direct Box Includes
- ART DPDB Passive Direct Box
- Owners Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
ART DPDB Passive Direct Box Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Hard to beat at this price point: 2 channels, 1/4-pass-thru, -10, -20, -40dB pads, unity gain at 0, ground lifts, metal case. Functions as intended. Can tame any normally encountered signals, even guitar amp speaker outputs. IMO, better connectors than the newer rounded-case ART X- and Z- Direct boxes. About 10 yerars of weekly stage use with no problems---it's been very reliable. Not my first choice (Radial!) but the ART dPDB is always in use somewhere on the stage.
Great prices and arrived quickly. I've used these DI's for years. They are bullet proof! Thanks for the outstanding service Dave.....