Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 32x32 PTHD System
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 32x32 PTHD System is a modular multi-channel audio interface featuring flagship-quality, premium AD/DA conversion for Pro Tools HD on Mac or PC. The Symphony I/O Mk II 32x32 PTHD System offers connectivity of 32x32 Analog I/O + 2-Channels of S/PDIF I/O on COAX, for a total of 32 simultaneous channels.
Symphony I/O Mk II HD is designed for the Pro Tools HD user who needs a multi-channel audio interface with the best sound quality at an incredible cost per channel value. Whether using a Mac or PC based studio, Symphony I/O Mk II HD can connect directly to the Digilink port on your Pro Tools HDX, Pro Tools HD Native or Pro Tools Core/Accel systems.
Symphony I/O Mk II HD can be utilized alongside or in place of Avid or Digidesign interfaces for Pro Tools HD. In fact, each I/O module installed in Symphony I/O Mk II HD appears and functions in Pro Tools HD the same if it were a separate Avid HD I/O interface, so set up is easy and you can take advantage of important Pro Tools features such as sample-accurate delay compensation.
A single Symphony I/O Mk II HD unit can have up to 32 simultaneous analog I/O, so you can have more channels with less rack gear. Need even more channels? You can utilize multiple units simultaneously, with one Symphony I/O Mk II HD per every Pro Tools HD DigiLink port in your system. Calibrating your I/O is easy with Symphony I/O Mk II HDs front panel touchscreen.
Front Panel Touchscreen with Comprehensive Control
All of Symphony I/O Mk IIs essential input and output settings can be accessed from the front panel touchscreen. Change your input selection, monitoring levels, mic pre gain or calibrate your Symphony I/O Mk II to match the levels of the other analog gear in your system. A high-resolution TFT display delivers all the visual feedback critical for recording and monitoring. Without looking at your computer, Symphony I/O Mk II lets you see metering for up to 64 channels of I/O, 32 IN x 32 OUT - signal levels, polarity, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit.
Dynamic Temperature Control
Symphony I/O Mk II features advanced controls to keep the unit running at an ideal temperature, ensuring the highest level of performance and reliability. The new temperature controls are complemented by an improved fan and chassis ventilation design, which allows adequate component cooling to occur quietly.
Input and Output Flexibility
There is a Symphony I/O Mk II solution for everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base I/O configurations, 2x6, 8x8, 16x16, or 8x8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows. With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O Mk II offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
Legendary Sound Quality
Apogee engineers have made it their passion to improve every new flagship product by using the latest in electrical components and designing optimized circuitry that often exceeds the expectations of the component manufacturer. This is the Apogee Advantage. Symphony I/O Mk II is the culmination of this 30 year commitment and raises the bar on all Apogee products before it with even better audio clarity and sonic transparency. In fact, when equipped with either the new 8x8 or 16x16 Mk II I/O modules, Symphony I/O Mk II outperforms all other multi-channel audio interfaces available for Pro Tools HD or Thunderbolt based systems, making it the flagship audio interface for the entire professional audio industry and the obvious choice for countless GRAMMY winning artists, producers, songwriters and engineers.
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 32x32 PTHD System Features
- Best performance of any multi-channel Pro Tools HD interface
- Best cost per channel value of any Pro Tools HD interface solution
- Connects directly to any Pro Tools HD system via DigiLink port (Mac or PC)
- Emulates Avid HD I/O interface, including sample-accurate delay compensation
- Connect multiple units in a single system (1 unit per HD Digilink port)
- Easy I/O calibration with front panel touchscreen
- Analog IN: 32 balanced inputs on 4 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax IN: S/PDIF on 2 RCA connectors
- Analog OUT: 32 balanced outputs on 4 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax OUT: Supports SPDIF on 2 RCA connectors
- Pro Tools HD Core card
- Pro Tools Accel PCI card
- Pro Tools HD Native PCI card
- Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt
- Pro Tools HDX PCI card
- 44.1kHz 192kHz
- Sample accurate compatibility with Pro Tools Delay Compensation
- Computer: Mac or PC
- Control: Front panel touchscreen
- Compatible Software: Pro Tools HD 9 or greater
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 32x32 PTHD System Specifications
- Analog to Digital:
- THD+N: -114dB @ 22dBu (0.00020%)
- Dynamic range: 122dB A weighted
- Maximum input levels:
- +4dB setting: +24dBu
- -10dB setting: +6dBV
- Frequency response at 44.1kHz: 1-20,000 Hz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Input impedance: 10K
- Digital to Analog:
- THD+N: -117dB @ 21dBu (0.00014%)
- Dynamic Range: 129dB A weighted
- Max output levels ∞ to +24dBu
- Frequency response at 44.1 kHz: dc to 20kHz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Output impedance: 25 Ohm
- Outputs are balanced through Apogees proprietary Perfect Symmetry Circuitry (PSC)
- Headphone Output: 1 stereo 1/4″ headphone output on front panel
- -110dB @19dBu into 600 Ohm (=80mW)
- -101dB @14dBu into 32 Ohm (=470mW)
- Dynamic Range: 121db A weighted
- Output: Apogees proprietary Constant Current Drive provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- Voltage: 90-240VAC
- Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Wattage: 150W
- Operating System:
- Thunderbolt: Mac OS only 10.9.5 and above
- HD: Any Mac or PC running Pro Tools HD 9 or greater
- Symphony I/O Mk II Dimensions:
- Inches: 17.75 (19 with Rack Ears) x 11.5 x 3.5
- Centimeters: 45 (48.26 with Rack Ears) x 29.2 x 8.9
- Packaging Dimensions:
- Symphony I/O Chassis Box
- Inches: 22.875 x 17.75 x 9.25
- Centimeters: 58.1 x 45.1 x 23.5
- I/O Module Box
- Inches: 13.75 x 12.25 x 3.25
- Centimeters: 34.9 x 31.1 x 8.3
- Symphony I/O Chassis Box
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 32x32 PTHD System Includes
- Symphony I/O Mk II Interface
- Symphony PTHD Card - Installed
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Booklet
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 32x32 PTHD System Downloads
What We Think
The Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II marks another milestone of sonic and functional improvement for Apogee and their premiere conversion system. Not only have the AD/DA converter circuits been improved, but now connectivity options have never been so powerful for any of their products. While Thunderbolt connectivity shall (for the time being) remain an Apple MAC exclusive for compatibility, the Symphony-HD and Symphony-SoundGrid interface cards will not only open up this wonderful system to Windows users, but it also brings with it the possibilities of Networked Audio and Powered Plug-In processing with the Waves SoundGrid platform.
The Symphony-SoundGrid configuration will allow a live sound / house of worship system to easily integrate the Apogee Symphony I/O MkII into the stage setup and network the audio to and from the FOH console... a console which can now be as simple as Waves' new eMotion LV1 Mixer. Front End Audio has been serving the live sound and studio markets for years, configuring and integrating Waves SoundGrid and DiGiGrid systems into existing setups. And we're excited that we have a new, easy to integrate system from Apogee for both the front end and back end conversion. As expected, the Symphony-HD connectivity will integrate Pro Tools HDX / HD Native / AND HD systems with the Symphony I/O Mk II mainframe (please note that you may also integrate the Waves DiGiGrid DLS and DLI interfaces and SoundGrid Servers into the fold with the Symphony I/O Mk II and any Pro Tools HDX / HD Native / HD system).
Regardless, of the expansion connectivity, the built-in Thunderbolt connectivity lets you now, easily daisy-chain SEVERAL Symphony I/O Mk IIs together... and connect directly to your MacBook without any additional card. That's some serious power.
New improvements can also be found in regards to the headphone amplifier circuitry and a new, advanced on-board temperature management system. Along with the new and improved MkII interface cards, a legacy Symphony I/O user can still use their older Symphony I/O cards in the MkII.
Apogee really left no stone un-turned with the Symphony I/O. As a result, they have delivered a system truly worthy of the flagship designation that they have bestowed upon this remarkable new converter.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review