API A2D Preamp
The API A2D Preamp combines the circuitry of their 312 mic pre, with a high end digital output making this a flexible stereo preamp - that can be used as a traditional analog mic/line/instrument preamp, or as stereo expansion for your audio interface.
The first API product with an integrated digital output, the A2D contains a pair of API 312 Mic Preamplifiers that feed an A/D section with a set of standard digital interface outputs, multiple sample-rate choices and internal or external clock options. Precise control of both the Analog gain and the level feeding the digital section means that the microphone signal may be kept super-clean if desired or driven harder to achieve the warm, punchy "API sound."
The A2D Analog section consists of the circuitry contained in two 312s, half of that of the popular API 3124+. A level control pot with an expanded 20-segment metering system shows precise mic gain levels, while control switches include polarity, 48v phantom power, input pad, Mic/Line select and 2:1 transformer routing, which selects a lower gain contribution from output transformer. Each analog input contains a balanced low-Z input XLR connector and a high-Z instrument input on a 1/4" jack.
The digital section of the A2D includes two API discrete 2510 amplifiers with level pots to adjust the feed to the A/D converters, each with a corresponding 20-segment calibrated meter. A multi-position switch selects the desired sample frequency. The External Sync LED will light when an external clock signal is used.
Rear panel analog connectors include an XLR input and output for each channel, as well as a balanced 1/4" TRS insert to the A/D converter. The TRS insert allows the A2D to have external analog processing devices inserted in the audio chain (EQs, compressors, etc.)
The A2D's digital interface connectors are a SPDIF single-ended RCA connector and an AES digital out on XLR. A coaxial BNC accepts external Super Clock, which will illuminate the front panel EXT SYNC LED when locked.
Additionally, the A2D comes with a pair of 9-pin D-sub connectors that allow the multiple units to be linked together with all units operating off the first sample-rate clock in the chain.
API A2D Preamp Features
- A pair of signature API 312 Mic Preamplifiers
- API 2510 and 2520 Operational Amplifiers
- 20 Segment LED metering on both analog and digital sections
- Mic and Instrument inputs
- Polarity, phantom power, input pad, 2:1 transformer routing, Mic/Line switches
- Six sample rate choices
- Sync to external Word Clock with feed through BNC
- External Super Clock input
- Ability to be slaved with other A2D units
- Insert point provided between analog and digital sections
API A2D Preamp Specifications
- InputImpedance: 1500Ohms Mic, 470KOhms Un-Balanced, HI-Z in
- Output Impedance: Less than 75Ohms
- Nominal Channel Output Levels: XLR+4dBu
- Output Clipping Level: XLR:betterthan+28dBm
- Frequency Response: +0,-5,10Hz to 20kHz (-.5at10Hz)
- Noise EIN: -129Mic,-125Un-Bal. Actual
- Measured Noise: Betterthan-91dBm/below Nominal +4
- Distortion: All Outputs at +4out, .03%, at+22, .09% Max
- Gain Range: 150Ohms Input 10dB Min. ,65dB Max (inc.PAD). UnBal. Input 14dB Min., 50dB Max
- VUMeter: Calibrated for XLR Outputs, OVU= +4dBu
- Controls: GAIN, POL(polarity), 48Volts, PAD(20dB), 2:1trans.attenuation,MIC(mic/unbal)
- Current draw: 130mA AC
- Weight: 10lbs
- Size: 19"X8"x1RU
API A2D Preamp Includes
- A2D Preamp
- Power Cable
- One year factory service and Five year parts warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review