API 512v 500-Series Preamp
The API 512v 500-Series Preamp offers all the same features, functions, and specs of the 512c, but adds a variable output knob, for fine tuning levels and tone control.
The API 512v 500-Series Preamp is a mic / line / instrument preamp, world famous for its ability to provide a low noise (-129 EIN) and unusually good sounding front end for all types of audio applications. Sonically, it delivers the instantly recognizable API sound at an affordable price, and in the scalable API 500 Series format. Offering an impressive 65 dB of gain, the 512v includes front panel Variable Output control, switchable 3:1 output transformer selection, phantom power, switchable polarity, -20 dB pad, and Mic or Instrument/Line selector. The front panel Combo-style XLR and 1/4 inch connector combined with rear panel mic access allows for additional flexibility when installed into an API lunchbox®, API's 10 position 500V vertical rack, or into an API console.
The API 512v remains faithful to the circuit designs of API's founder Saul Walker. Artfully combining those circuits with API's proprietary transformers and the incomparable 2520 op-amp, the 512v is a highly musical and rich-sounding analog mic pre, equally at home in commercial recording spaces as it is in smaller home studios. Fully featured and still hand assembled, the 512v exhibits the reliability, long life, and uniformity which are characteristic of all API products.
API 512v 500-Series Preamp Features
- Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
- Variable Output Level Control
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap Selection
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 45 dB of gain
- Front Panel Combo-style XLR + 1/4 inch Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for Gain Level indication
- 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design with 2520 Op Amp
API 512v 500-Series Preamp Specifications
- Rear Connector: Output on edge connector, MIC Input on edge connector, can be defeated
- Front Connectors: XLR MIC Input, HI-Z 1/4" Unbal Input
- Gain Range: MIC: 34dB to 65dB (14dB to 45dB w/PAD). HI-Z: 14dB to 45dB (-6dB to 25dB w/PAD)
- Maximum Input Levels: MIC, +8 dBu, Unbal HI-Z Input, +36 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIC Input, 1500 Ohms (150 Ohm mic), HI-Z Unbal Input, 400 K Ohms (20 K Ohms with pad)
- Output Impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, Transformer Balanced
- Clipping Level: +30 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, -.3, 30 to 20 kHz
- Noise: Equivalent Input Noise: -129, Mic In. -125, Un-Balanced In.
- Actual Metered Noise: Mic, -95 dBu, Un-Bal., -90 dBu
- Distortion: Less than .05% @ +4 Out, Less than .1% @ +28 Out
- Power Consumption: ±12/18 Volts/DC, @40 ma.
API 512v 500-Series Preamp Includes
- 512v 500-Series Preamp
- One year factory service and Five year parts Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review