API 500-6B 6-Space 500-Series Rack
The API 500-6B 6-Space 500-Series Rack is designed to accept all API standard modules and allows an engineer the flexibility to bring along 500-Series modules to any recording session.
The API 500-6B 6 Slot 500-Series Rack is designed to accept all API standard 5.25" X 1.5" modules. This quality allows an engineer the flexibility to bring along specialized modules to any situation. The lunchbox is self-powered with a rear panel selected AC voltage switch and a removable power cord. The input/output jacks are XLR. The lunchbox comes standard with a +48 volt internal phantom power supply, bussed to pin 15 for interface with mic preamplifiers.
API 500-6B 6-Space 500-Series Rack Features
- Holds 6 API standard modules
- 215mA per slot
- DB-25 connectors for easy input and output connection
- XLRs to access channels 7 and 8 of the multipins
- Power rail LED indication
- Self-Powered, 100 to 250 Volts switchable, 47 to 63 Hz
- Rubber feet & carrying handle for portability
- Rugged steel chassis
- Perfect for remote recording of Vocalist and Instruments
API 500-6B 6-Space 500-Series Rack Specifications
- Power Consumption, Quiescent: .66 Watts
- Size: 15.5" X 5.5" X 7.5" Deep
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 20.25" X 9.75" X 12"
- Actual Weight: 10.22 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 12.65 lbs.
API 500-6B 6-Space 500-Series Rack Applications
- Multi-track recording of acoustic and electronic audio sources
- Sound reinforcement systems and recording to multi-track formats
- Multiple facility projects where portability is a plus
- Broadcast and audio for video production
- Custom channel input strips
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
You know there are a lot of 500 series Chassis Options out there but I find more and more as I speak with owners of other units that they run into power issues and are not able to run certain modules. That being said I have never had that issue nor do I know of any other 6b owner who has had that issue. I say stick to the original as they set the standard.
The 500 series lunch box lends itself to so many options for a customized studio. Its built tough for transporatabilty and has a super quiet power supply. I will have a great time filling this bad boy up and constantly rearrangeing the channels for tailored sessions.