API 3124V Preamp
The API 3124V Preamp is designed with the professional engineer in mind. The units features four channels of the highest possible quality mic preamp available!
Like the API 3124+, the 3124V is a high quality, compact, 4-channel mic preamp. It is equipped with the RE-115 K mic input transformer and the proprietary output transformer found in all API mic pres and throughout the API product line. Additionally, the 3124V offers Variable Output Level Control and switchable 3:1 output transformer selection. The unit has an internal 48-volt phantom power supply, which is switchable for each channel, as well as -20dB pad switches that affect both the mic and Hi-Z instrument inputs, both located on the front panel.
The 3124V also features up to 65dB of gain. Additionally, the Hi-Z front panel inputs feed directly to the op amps, which allow a low level input such as a guitar or bass to be amplified without a matching transformer or direct box. These Hi-Z inputs can take levels as high as +20dBu, making them perfect for keyboards and other high level devices. The mic preamp outputs are on rear panel male XLR connectors.
API 3124V Preamp Features
- Classic API Circuit Design
- Uses API 2520 Op Amps
- Variable Output Level Control
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap Selection
- Four female XLR mic inputs
- Four front panel 1/4" Hi Z instrument inputs
- Front panel polarity switches
- Front panel -20dB pad switches
- Front panel mic/instrument switches
- Front panel 48V power switches
API 3124V Preamp Specifications
- Input Impedance: 1500 Ohms Mic, 470 K Ohms Un-Balanced, HI-Z in
- Output Impedance: Less than 75 Ohms Channel Outputs
- Nominal Levels: XLR Channel Output +4 dBu
- Stereo Output Level: Unbalanced: nominal -2, Balanced: +4
- Frequency Response: +0, -5, 10 Hz to 20 kHz (-.5 at 10 Hz)
- Noise EIN: -129 Mic, -125 Un-Bal. Actual
- Measured Noise: Better than -91 dBm / below Nominal +4.
- Distortion: All Outputs at +4 out, .03%, at +22, .09% Max
- Gain Range: 150 Ohms Input 10 dB Min., 65 dB Max (inc. PAD); Un-Bal. Input 14 dB Min., 50 dB Max
- VU Meter: Calibrated for XLR Outputs, OVU=+4 dBu, (-12, -6, -3, 0, +3, +6, +18)
- Controls: GAIN, PAD (20 dB), 48Volts, POL (polarity), MIC (mic/un-bal), VU, AC
- Power Consumption, Quiescent: 19.2 Watts
- Size: 19" X 1.75" (1U) X 11" Deep
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 23.25" X 6.5" X 16.5"
- Actual Weight: 10.38 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 14.06 lbs.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review