Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface
The Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface is a powerful desktop USB Interface for the home studio. The simple and easy to use IN 2 includes 2 of Aphexs Class A mic preamps with top-quality analog to digital conversion and 2 DI instrument inputs, alongside a host of other amazing features and I/O connectivity all built into a compact chassis.
The Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface is conceived with the home project studio in mind. Just connect it to your computer and get ready to record! The Aphex IN 2 is a powerful desktop USB Interface perfect for your home studio.
The Aphex squeezed all the features they possibly could into the Aphex IN2. Along with the 2 Class A mic preamps they have also included a 75Hz HPF, -20dB Pad, 48V Phantom power and an optical compressor in each channel.
There are 2 DI high impedance inputs for recording guitar and bass located at the front of the unit. Unique to the Aphex IN 2, both channels of the Aphex IN 2 feature an optical compressor which, when engaged, will help control the dynamics of your input signal while adding pleasing density and weight.
Class A Preamps
In most desktop audio interfaces, complaints that microphone preamps peak too easily and sound thin are quite common. This is never an issue with the Aphex IN 2 the Aphex 2 Class A mic preamps have ample headroom and sound big and warm. The multicoloured LEDs on top of the unit display input level and glow red when the preamp is peaking.
Total Monitoring Control
The Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface was designed as a complete desktop recording solution for your home studio, which is why the Aphex have included additional monitoring features not found in other desktop interfaces. Theres a mono button for making sure your mix is mono compatible and a dim switch for lowering the volume of the monitoring output.
The Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface also features a stereo headphone amplifier taken from the Aphex HeadPod 4. The S/PDIF output on the back of the unit is perfect for connecting to your Aphex HeadPod 4 to expand the number of headphone outputs available to you.
Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface Features
- 2 x Class A microphone preamps
- 2 x DI instrument inputs
- 75Hz HPF, -20dB Pad, 48V Phantom power per channel
- Aphex optical compressors built into each channel
- Output level control with dim and mono buttons
- High-performance headphone amp
- 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A
- S/PDIF and MIDI I/O
Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface Specifications
- Analog Inputs:
- Connector: XLR-3F
- Type: Transformerless, Instrumentation first stage, Class-A second stage
- Input Z: 2k ohms nominal
- Maximum Input Level (MIL): -2dBu (+18dBu with pad)
- CMRR: >80dB @ 60Hz
- Instrument Connectors: 1/4" TS
- Instrument Input Z: 10Mohm nominal
- Preamp Gain Range: 38dB without pad
- Phantom Power: +48VDC
- Pad: 20dB
- Compressor: Fixed parameters, Aphex custom optical element
- High Pass Filter: 75Hz nominal cutoff, 2nd order
- Connector: 1/4" TRS phone jacks
- Type: True Balanced (may be used unbalanced)
- Output Z: 100 ohms
- SNR (Typical): 109dB, unweighted
- THD+N (Typical): 0.002%
- Nominal Level: +4dBu
- Maximum Output Level: >21dBu before clipping
- Headphone Out:
- Output Z: 10 ohms
- Output Power: >800mW into 25 ohms
- Digital Audio:
- Samples Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz
- Resolution: 24 bit
- Minimum Computer Requirements:
- Mac: OSX 10.5 and higher
- Windows: XP SP3 (32-bit), Vista SP2, 7 SP1 (32/64-bit), 8/8.1
Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface Includes
- Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface
- IN 2 DC Power Supply
- 1 Year Warranty
Aphex IN 2 USB Audio Interface Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review