Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip
The Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip incorporates seven powerful devices within a compact, single rack space design, including five of Aphex's exclusive patented technologies. Together, the result is the highest possible audio quality, processing power and flexibility available.
The Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip is a complete high performance channel strip featuring patented RPA tube preamp, EasyRider® Class A automatic compressor, patented logic-assisted gate, universal de-esser, and patented Aphex Aural Exciter® and Big Bottom® processors. With more and more studios foregoing consoles in favor of recording and mixing "in the box", a clean and versatile front end input stage is indispensible. There are dozens and dozens of channel strips and similar devices to choose from, but none that come close to the Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip in terms of sound, features or performance.
The Aphex's legendary Model 230 has been re-imagined as the Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip, adding a host of new features to address a greater number of workflows while retaining the sound, functionality and versatility that made the 230 one of the most in-demand processors ever for professional audio, live sound, broadcast and post production.
The Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip incorporates seven powerful devices within a compact, single rack space design, including five of Aphex's exclusive patented technologies. The result is the highest possible audio quality, processing power and flexibility. The elegant front panel not only looks great, but is laid out in an intuitive, easy-to-use workflow with easy to understand labeling. Building on the foundation of the Model 230, the Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip features an instrument input, dedicated output and gain reduction metering, front panel sample rate and clock source selection; and a reference quality internal clock.
Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip Applications
- Broadcast: Aphex Channel is a tube microphone preamp and signal processor that is an indispensable broadcast station tool. You'll find them in the production room and installed as permanent on-air processing for pumping up voices.
- Recording Studios: Aphex Channel is a powerful and easy-to-use channel strip for commercial and project studios, featuring the Aphex's reflected-plate amplifier tube microphone preamp design plus compression, gating, de-esser, parametric EQ, Aural Exciter and Big Bottom bass enhancement.
- Live Sound: When space is at a premium in a touring rig, and night after night reliability is essential, the rugged Aphex Channel provides all the top quality processing needed for any instrument without taking up precious rack space.
Aphex Channel Master Channel Strip Features
- Patented Reflected Plate Amplifier (RPA) Tube Preamp
- Ultra-wide bandwidth, maximum gain and headroom
- Lower operating temperature than conventional tube designs for longer tube life
- Individually tuned at the Aphex factory for unparalleled consistency: any two units are a matched pair
- EasyRider Class A Compressor
- Aphex's patented Wave Dependent Compressor automatically adjusts attack and release times
- No-Knee compression curve circuitry automatically adjusts compression ratio based on program levels
- Includes Aphex's 1001 Class A Voltage Controlled Attenuator, used in the Compellor and Dominator
- Logic Assisted Gate - patented gate technology designed to avoid false triggers, clicks and chattering
- Split band universal De-Esser designed to maintain presence while dramatically reducing sibilance on any voice
- Aural Exciter - patented technology for increased presence and clarity with improved detail and intelligibility
- Big Bottom - patented technology for deeper and more resonant bass with little or no increase in peak output
- Parametric EQ for the ability to precisely fine tune all-important midrange between Big Bottom and Aural Exciter
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review