APEX ACT4 Cable Tester
The APEX ACT4 Cable Tester is designed to test continuity and phase relation for virtually any standard audio cable including multi-pin Speakon, XLR, RCA, TRS, DIN, MIDI and Sync.
The APEX ACT4 Cable Tester is the quickest and most effective way to test any of the cables used most commonly in recording studios or live PA rigs. The APEX ACT4 Cable Tester is a must for every soundman, technician and studio engineer. The rugged all-metal Apex ACT4 Cable Tester will test continuity and phase relation for virtually any standard audio cable including multi-pin Speakon, XLR, RCA, TRS, DIN, MIDI and Sync.
APEX ACT4 Cable Tester Features
- Easy to use 8-way rotary control
- Individual LED's confirm continuity of each conductor as well as proper phase connection
- Continuity check lead probes
- Requires 9v battery
- Tests all types of audio cables including:
- XLR (3 & 5 Pin) male and female
- ¼" TRS Balanced, ¼" Unbalanced
- 1/8th" TRS
- RCA, Speakon2, 4 & 8 conductor
- Banana plug
- 3,5,7 & 8 -Pin MIDI / DIN / Sync cables
- Rugged and compact all metal chassis
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
All-around great tester. Works for almost every cable you're ever likely to encounter and a snap to use. Don't leave home without it!
Lacks a "hold" function to catch an intermittent problem so you need to keep your eyes on the lights while wiggling the cable you're testing - no big deal. Includes Speakon-type connectors unlike some others. Fair price. Larger than I like for a gig bag but not unreasonable; fine for the shop or studio. Good construction.