APEX 580 Multi-Pattern Microphone
The APEX 580 Multi-Pattern Microphone is a wide diaphragm condenser mic one of the most versatile microphones available for your studio toolkit. Three selectable polar patterns, three position low frequency roll-off and three position pad switch ensure the APEX 580 can easily be applied to virtually any source.
The APEX 580 Multi-Pattern Microphone is the ideal high performance microphone for solo vocals, but will also excel when used with solo brass or woodwind instruments, acoustic guitars or acoustic bass. The APEX 580 excels anywhere superior sound quality is required, yet subtlety and clarity is paramount.
Three selectable polar patterns (cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8), three position low frequency roll-off (selectable flat, 75Hz and 150Hz) and three position ( 0, -10 and -15dB) pad switch ensure the APEX 580 can easily be applied to virtually any source.
Controls on the microphone itself include a three-position pad switch, allowing distortion-free reproduction of extremely loud at-source signals, and a three-position low frequency roll off switch that reduces unnecessary low frequency interference. The included external heavy duty cradle-mount suspension virtually eliminates vibration and handling noise, while at the same time safely securing the microphone in any position needed during the recording process.
APEX 580 Multi-Pattern Microphone Features
- Multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone
- 35mm Gold sputtered capsule
- Two position pad switch (-10dB & -15dB)
- Two position roll-off switch (-6dB @ 75Hz & 150Hz)
- Handles extremely high SPL
- Premium heavy duty cradle mount
APEX 580 Multi-Pattern Microphone Specifications
- Type: Multi-Pattern Condenser
- Filter Switch: Flat / Low Cut @ 75 Hz / 150 Hz
- Pad Switch: 0 / -10dB / -15dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -34dB +/- 2dB (0dB=1v/pa@1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 11dB (A-weighted)
- Operating Voltage: 48V (Phantom Power) VDC
- Max SPL: 148dB (1 kHz <0.5% THD Attenuator Engaged)
- Connection: 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 2.91 x 7.6 in / 74 x 193 mm
- Weight: 31.04 oz / 880 g
APEX 580 Multi-Pattern Microphone Includes
- APEX 580 Multi-Pattern Microphone
- Aluminum Case
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It works well for our mobile communications teams around the world.
I have used my 2 480's over the past few weeks and I have been quite impressed with them. Being that they have multiple mic patterns, not only do they allow you to vary how much room tone you add by the difference patterns, but also how much they change in their bass response.
I have used the various patterns to tailor the low frequency, and particularly the proximity effect, depending on the vocals needs for each song.
I have used them as room mics and have been quite happy with them. I really haven't had to eq very much with these mics.
A great value at their price!