Apex 146 Desktop Condenser Microphone w/ Silent Switch
Apex 146 Desktop Condenser w/ Silent Switch
Apex 146 Desktop Condenser w/ Silent Switch Details
The Apex 146 Desktop Condenser w/ Silent Switch was designed for conferencing or public speaking applications. Three user selectable operating modes (ON/OFF, Push-To-Talk or Push-To-Mute) functions allow the Apex 146 to be tailored to any specific requirement or application. The large integrated silent touch-switch on the front panel allows user control of the Apex 146 without the annoying snaps and pops that can plague a multi-microphone setup in high gain, high volume applications. An LED illuminated ring in the housing clearly displays the ready-to-talk condition to the user. The Apex 146 is ideal for conferencing, discussion groups, tele/video conferencing and announcement applications.
The Apex 146 is a condenser microphone and requires phantom power to operate. The microphone is enclosed in a rugged all metal housing with a low reflectance black finish and narrow gooseneck to limit visual distraction on lectern, conference desk or podium.
Apex 146 Desktop Condenser w/ Silent Switch Features
- Solid All Metal Heavy Duty Base
- Large On/Off Silent Operation Touch Switch
- Three User Selectable Switch Modes (Lock On, Touch to Talk, Touch to Mute)
- Highly Visible On/Off LED Indicator on Base
- Integrated Switchable High Pass Filter
- Flexible Integrated Gooseneck
Apex 146 Desktop Condenser w/ Silent Switch Specifications
- Type: Black Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 100Hz - 12kHz
- Sensitivity: -58dB +/- 3dB (0dB = 1uBar @ 1kHz)
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms ± 30% (at 1 KHz)
- Power Requirement: 9 - 52 V Phantom Power
- Controls: Front Mounted Touch Switch, Side Mounted Operation Mode Switch, High Pass Filter Switch (Low Frequency Roll Off)
- Connection: 3-pin XLR-M
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 3.25 x 1.5 in / 140 x 82 x 38 mm
- Boom Length: 19 in / 483 mm
Apex 146 Desktop Condenser w/ Silent Switch Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
first off there was little information to go on to make an informed decision on the features of this microphone. I was desperate to get something so i could announce the varsity football game at the local high school. Secondly the 146 did not work. i an not sure why. our amp should have had sufficient "phantom" power. third, it did not have an off/on button or a volume control. and finally the mute switch on the side broke off. So over all I was not satisfied and returned it for a full refund.
Nice mic. Sounds decent. Excellent price. One gripe: the mute switch has about a 1.5 syllable delay in unmuting.