Allen & Heath Zed-XB2-14 14-Channel Broadcast Console
Allen & Heath ZED-XB-14 14-Channel Broadcast Console
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console Details
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console is a compact, cost effective and versatile mixer, designed for a broad range of applications from small radio or internet broadcast studios, to larger studios with multiple rooms, hospital radio, university radio and community radio. Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console is equipped with a wealth of features specifically for broadcasters, including telephone communication modules for telephone callers, mic fader start sensing for external connection and internal automatic muting of the speaker outputs, stereo channel start/cue outputs for CD deck transport control, separate headphones mix & outputs for guests, an audition bus, and much more!
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console's two stage pre-amp design, offers an expansive and controlled gain range (69dB). Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum, and the second stage is padless, with line level signals simply plugged in using the input jack socket, which means lower noise when using the line input.
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console is equipped with a 3-band equaliser circuit on each mono input and a 2-band EQ on the Telco and stereo channels. The frequency and response of each has been carefully chosen to give the maximum performance when using the EQ on a variety of sources.
AUX Bus and MIX B stereo Bus
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console has a single Auxiliary bus that can be used for external processing, effects, recording or auditioning. A separate stereo mix bus is provided for recording an independent mix to the main program mix, or creating a clean feed source with selected channels.
The mono mic/line channels have fader start logic switching, enabling them to control external equipment or automatically mute the speaker outputs to prevent acoustic feedback in localised or self operated applications. The stereo channels have â??start & cueâ?? logic outputs to connect to external equipment such as CD players. There are also options to mute the mono inputs remotely using an external â??coughâ? switch or similar.
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is essential for music and broadcast production, so the Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console is super-flexible and super-easy! Just plug in a USB lead and select the USB routing to enable quality audio to and from your PC or Mac.
Self or Producer Operated
Separate monitor mixes can be created for operator, guests or presenter so the engineer can check levels and cue sources while the presenter or guest can listen to a different source. The engineer/producer can communicate to the studio using the â??Talkâ?? feature, or off-air to telephone callers.
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console Features
- Audition/clean feed bus
- 3-band EQ on mono channels
- 4 mic/line and 4 stereo channels
- 2-band EQ on Telco/stereo channels
- 2 stage, padless pre-amp design
- Fader start sensing on mono channels
- Start/cue logic on stereo channel switches
- 2 Telco telephone communication channels
- USB connectivity to interface with PC/MAC
- Separate headphones mix for engineer/producer and 2 guests
- Vertically-mounted PCB construction with nutted rotary pots
- Aux and separate stereo busses for processing/recording
- Control room outputs with auto and remote mutes
- Remote mute facility on mic channels
- Balanced main outputs with inserts
- Input signal and peak metering
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console Specifications
- Manufacturer: Allen & Heath
- Product: ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console
- Mono channel Mic input (XLR): +6 to â?"63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line input (TRS Jack socket): +10 to â?"26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket): 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo input (TRS Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Telco channel input (XLR): +10 to â?"26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- External monitor inputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu Nominal
- PGM L & R outputs (XLR): +4dBu nominal. +25dBu maximum
- PGM Mono output (RCA phono): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- PGM L & R inserts (TRS jack sockets): -2dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Aux output (Jack socket): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Mix B outputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Rec outputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Telco output (XLR): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- CRM Speaker outputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 1.1 compliant 16bit
- Sample Rate: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) Outputs: 21dB
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) Mix Point: 24dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu): 14dB
- Frequency Response: +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz (Mic in), +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz (Line in & Stereo in)
- Weight: Unpacked 7.5kg (16.5lb), Packed 11.5kg (25.3lb)
Allen & Heath ZED-XB14 14-Channel Broadcast Console Downloads
Click here to view all Allen & Heath Products
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review