Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer w/ Built in EFX and USB I/O
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer w/ Built in EFX and USB I/O
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer w/ Built in EFX and USB I/O Details
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer w/ Built in EFX and USB I/O is ideal for groups who need to travel light. Even with its small footprint, Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer squeezes in 4 auxiliary channels and swept semi-parametric EQ on top of the already impressive feature set including configurable USB audio in/out makes it easy to capture stereo recordings.
USB Audio Flexibility
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way this has been implemented on Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer is super-flexible and super-easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that"?s it! CD quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Switches and connection through jack socket terminals provide different send/return configurations.
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ design which utilises MusiQ "" with optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer has an essential selection of 16 time-delay effects, designed for small groups who don"?t want to carry around an effects unit with their gear but who still want great quality FX at their gigs and on their recordings. Our DSP engineers worked hard, crafting and refining beautiful reverb algorithms to enhance every performance. These effects are available nowhere else at this price point "" this quality and integration is only available from the ZED-FX. ZED effects are easily controlled using 3 buttons with 9 display LEDs. For example, the ideal delay time can be quickly tapped-in, or the perfect amount of reverb on the lead vocal can be dialled-in. There is one-stop navigation and editing "" in fact, it"?s just as easy as using effects pedals. To alter effects parameters, the TAP button is held down and the up/down buttons pressed to adjust the specific parameter for that effect, for example, the decay length on PLATE, or the depth on CHORUS.
Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer has DuoPre pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge "" 69dB of range to be exact "" and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input and also matching to a higher input impedance.
Sonar Le - Provided Free!
Allen & Heath have included Cakewalk SONAR LE with this ZED mixer so you can start recording your own music today with the most complete introductory music production software for Windows PC. Based on Cakewalk"?s award-winning SONAR X3 digital audio workstation, SONAR LE has been enhanced with cutting-edge instruments, effects, and creative tools to make creating your own music as simple and intuitive as possible, no matter what your experience level. You can use SONAR LE and your Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer in many ways- e.g. straightforward recording of a stereo mix, recording tracks individually to build up a song, or using the USB port and software as an effects loop.
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer w/ Built in EFX and USB I/O Features
- 6 mono channels
- 3 stereo channels with 2-band EQ and inputs for extra sources
- 16 internal time-delay effects
- Neutrik mic XLR and Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain "?DuoPre"? mic line input
- 3 band EQ with MusiQ
- 2 pre-fade Aux sends
- 1 post-fade Aux send
- 1 internal FX send
- Illuminated mute
- ALPS 100mm faders
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1&2
- Monitor output section
- Alt stereo output source
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
- Rack ears available
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer w/ Built in EFX and USB I/O Specifications
- Manufacturer: Allen & Heath
- Product: ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer
- Mono channel (XLR) Input: +6 to ""63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line Input (Jack socket): +10 to ""26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket): 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo Input (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- L, R & Mono Outputs (L&R XLR, Mono Jack): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Aux Outputs (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Alt Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Rec Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Frequency Response: +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz (Mic in), +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz (Line in & Stereo in)
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu): 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu): 14dB
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 1.1 compliant 16bit
- Sample Rate: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Weight: 6.5kg (14.3 lb) Unpacked, 10.5kg (23.1lb) Packed
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX 12x2 Mixer w/ Built in EFX and USB I/O Downloads
Click here to view all Allen & Heath Products
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
For the price, this is an excellent little mixer. It would be perfect for a small band in a live setting. The effects sound great, and the ability to fine-tune the parameters of each one is nice. It really is like having 4-5 effects pedals built into your mixer. What's keeping it from 5 stars, however, is the 1.1 USB connection. Why A&H didn't implement USB 2.0 is beyond me, but because of the slower transfer speed you're only able to record one track at a time. You can record everything running through the mixer, but it will all be one track, so you can't go back and edit each track individually. If you're going to be using it mainly for studio recording, you might want to look at other options with a USB 2.0 or firewire connection and the ability to multi-track record.