Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 Keytar Controller
The Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 Keytar Controller offers you to experience outrageous, unprecedented wireless keytar performance. Connects wirelessly to your computer and integrates with popular virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs, the Alesis Vortex Wireless ensures maximum stage and studio mobility.
Take back the stage and experience untethered keytar performance with the next generation Alesis Vortex Wireless 2. Featuring improved ergonomics for better playability, a more durable housing, and an updated control layout, the updated Vortex Wireless 2 offers comprehensive MIDI controller functionality in a stylish and stage-ready keytar design with a stunning gloss-black finish. This dynamic MIDI keytar controller connects wirelessly to your computer and easily integrates with popular virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs. For maximum stage and studio mobility, the PC- and Mac-compatible USB dongle uses a single USB port to establish a reliable, wireless connection. Create dynamic, expressive performances that the audience will both see and hear.
Onboard Control and Connectivity
Command the stage with 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch, 8 RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive drum pads, and a row of 8 back-lit faders all laid out in an accessible, hands-on design. A series of neck controls provides additional performance options: you can tweak sounds using the MIDI-assignable touch strip and MIDI-assignable accelerometer, expand melodic ideas with the octave range buttons, and activate sustain all while your right hand remains free to play. Vortex Wireless offers multiple connectivity options and comes equipped with USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI Out jacks.
Virtual Instruments, DAW, and Preset Editor Included
Vortex Wireless 2 includes premium bundle of virtual instrument plugins , including Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 from AIR Music Tech, and TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware. For performing, producing, recording, we include Ableton Live Lite. Finally, a clear, concise, and easy to use, point-and-click preset editor is included, so you can quickly configure any parameter of any preset on your Alesis Vortex Wireless 2. You can also use the editor software to save and load all of your Vortex presets to and from your hard drive for easy backup.
Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 Keytar Controller Features
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact size with complete melodic range
- Eight RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive trigger pads enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Eight back-lit faders for controlling volumes or other instrument parameters
- Embedded MIDI-assignable tilt sensor performance control with on/off button
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and reversible pitch-bend wheel on neck
- MIDI-assignable touchstrip, zone, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- Included USB dongle creates a wireless connection to any Mac or PC
- USB and MIDI jacks for use with any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Battery-powered for use with MIDI modules and hardware synths (4 AA batteries included)
- Standard guitar strap pegs on neck and body
- Edit MIDI-assigned controls with included Vortex Wireless 2 Editor application
- Production software package included: Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech, TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware, and Ableton Live Lite
Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 Keytar Controller Specifications
- Minimum System Requirements
- Available USB 1.1 Port
- PC: Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8.5; Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Minimum RAM 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- 5GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation)
- Internet Access (Download and Authorization)
Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 Keytar Controller Includes
- Vortex Wireless 2 Keytar
- USB Wireless Receiver
- USB Cable
- Cable Harness
- Software Download Cards
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So, we purchased the Alesis Vortex 2 and were very surprised at how much better it was from the older model. We used the older model for our Kids Rock band here in Detroit, and the new model allows for better range and more capabilities. I do think the software needs to be more streamlined and more user-friendly, but otherwise, a great purchase.