The ADK A6 Microphone is a balanced mic with a natural sound. The A6 is made to provide musical honesty at an extremely reasonable price point. The ADK A6 is perfect for vocal (tenor and up), as well as acoustics, guitar cab, drums and overheads, pretty much everywhere, and anywhere you want honesty!
The ADK A6 Microphone is designed for vocals or any acoustic instrument. This microphone is studio quality and amazingly roadworthy! The ADK A6 has been designed to be reliable and robust with a relatively "neutral" sound coloration. This means that you can use the A6 on almost anything and get a great sound. The dynamic range was set to allow for moderately heavy sound pressure levels but keeping digital recording in mind, the noise floor is also appreciably low. The ADK A6 is a reliable, "all rounder" Studio Microphone which can be also used "Live".
Looking for a shockmount for the A6? We offer the ADK Super-Mount designed for a perfect fit.
ADK A6 Microphone Features
- Upgraded Electronics from ADK Vienna/Hamburg
- Total reliability: no switches, long-life components.
- Purist audio path, super-clean supply circuit.
- Extra capsule QC and special assembly procedures.
- Transformer output for robust, full bodied tone.
- Dynamic range set to accommodate a wide rand of day-to-day studio applications.
- Low noise Class A Condenser sounds warm and open on all acoustic applications!
- Frequency response tailored to give a present and natural sound in any situation.
- Coloration Balanced: in-between the Mellow Hamburg and Sparkling Vienna Edition
ADK A6 Microphone Specifications
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 13mv/Pa
- Impedance: 200Ohms
- S/N Ratio: 79dB (Ref.1Pa A-weighted)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for 0.5%THD: 131dB
- Power Requirements: Phantom power 48V (±4V)
ADK A6 Microphone Applications
- All studio vocals including voice-over work when a natural tone is desired - with a pop filter (to protect the capsule from strong blasts of air)
- Brass - with a pop filter (to protect the capsule from strong blasts of air)
- Latin and ethnic
- Stereo/ambient recording
- All stringed instrument
- Harmonica, Accordion
- Amplified instruments
- Drum kit overheads
- Solo/spot recording
- Hammond Organ
ADK A6 Microphone Includes
- A6 Microphone
- Wooden Jewel Case
- Ring Mount
- Manual & Literature
What We Think
I spent about three or four hours with the ADK A6 before I decided to keep it. I was simply blown away at how natural and honest sounding it is for a mic in this price point. It quickly became my go to acoustic guitar mic, and continued to impress me on piano, and just about any acoustic source. This is one mic where I can truly say that everything the manufacturer said about the product, is 100% spot on. If you want to capture a sound source as honestly as possible, and need to do it on a budget â?" the ADK A6 is the condenser you are looking for. I recently fell in love with this mic on electric guitar cab. If you are a tone purist like me, throw this guy about a foot in front of your cab - and let the open natural sound of your rig get captured properly. You will be thrilled with this mic, every time you pull it out for a session. - Ryan, Pro Sales
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great mics love them. They go great with my other ADK mics
I purchased pairs of Z-47's and Z-67's when I decided to give the A6's a listen. They are a quality sound without a high price, which is why I use them for remote gigs (or when I think the drummer isn't too precise with his hits). These mics are great.
just got my adk a6.this mic sounds very good on acoustic sources.great customer services too.
Honestly, for the same price I used to have mics you wouldn't give to your dog to listen to. As a consequence, I was a bit hesitant clicking the paypal button to buy this, but sure as ever, FEA's staff reviews are a pretty sure thing in my experience. I've found the ADK A-6 a useful backup, & sometimes even preferable in different circumstances, & it hasn't offended my ears up to this point. Can't find a reason not to have it, especially for the price !