MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone
The MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone is a classic ribbon microphone that delivers unbelievably natural sound and stunning realism to vocal and instrument recordings.
The MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone is a stunning ribbon microphone in a custom gold and chrome finish that delivers natural sound and realism to both vocal and instrument recordings. Ribbon microphones are known for their rich, warm sound and have been used to capture some of the most legendary recordings in history.
The 1.8 micron aluminum ribbon and figure-8 pickup pattern extend the "sweet spot" with a wider pickup pattern. The MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone has more extended upper-range sensitivity than other ribbon mics making it a terrific choice when additional clarity is needed. Included is a premium 25' Mogami cable to insure pristine quality and a protective velvet-lined wooden box. If you've never experienced using a ribbon microphone, the MXL R77 is certain to expand your horizons.
The MXL R77 Ribbon microphone uses an aluminum ribbon transducer which by nature is a bidirectional (figure-8) pickup pattern. A figure-8 pattern will pick up sounds from the front and back sides of the microphone with equal sensitivity while maintaining a large amount of rejection 90° off access. The front of the MXL R77 Microphone is indicated by the MXL logo where the audio signal is “in-phase” while the back side has an inverted phase. Ribbon mics typically have a lower output than condenser microphones and may require a preamplifier with a lot of gain. It is highly recommended to use a preamp with low noise, high gain, and an input impedance of 1500 ohms or greater.
MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Durable, high-quality ribbon mic in a custom gold and chrome finish
- Warm sound with a robust low end and a full midrange
- Figure-8 polar pattern that captures instruments and room sound
- High SPL capability—ideal for horns and electric guitars
- Premium Mogami cable and wiring for exceptional audio fidelity
MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Type: Ribbon Velocity Microphone
- Ribbon Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Frequency Range: 20Hz -18kHz
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Sensitivity: -55 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Impedance: 270 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms
- Max SPL for 0.1% THD: >135 dB @1 kHz
- Size: 65mm x 180mm/2.56 in x 7.09 in
- Weight: 860g/1.9lbs
- Metal Finish: Gold and Chrome
MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone Includes
- MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone
- 25-ft Mogami® XLR Cable
- Desktop Stand
- MXL Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Sturdy Wooden Case
- Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
MXL R77 Ribbon Microphone Downloads
Click here to view all MXL products