Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor
The Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor is an artful blend of heritage and innovation designed to bring the highest level of sonic quality and function to all of your audio applications. Utilizing the latest DSP technology and the finest collection of classic Lexicon algorithms, the PCM92 delivers 28 mono and stereo reverbs, delays, and modulation effects, flexible routing configurations, and a comprehensive collection of over 1200 finely-crafted presets.
The Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor is a highly-anticipated stereo reverb/effects processor based on the legendary design of the venerable PCM81 and PCM91, and the breakthrough technology of the PCM96. The Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor represents the most advanced reverb and effects processor in its class. With 4 decades of experience, the Lexicon is regarded as the gold standard in digital audio processing. The Lexicon PCM92 delivers 28 mono and stereo reverbs, delays, and modulation effects, flexible routing configurations, and a comprehensive collection of over 1200 finely-crafted presets, including recognizable classics from the Lexicon's immense library of sounds.
The Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor features the highly acclaimed Hall, Concert Hall and Random Hall reverb algorithms that are consistently used by live sound and recording engineers because of their exceptional ability to reproduce the musical ambience of large, wide, panoramically wonderful spaces. In fact, these classic Lexicon Hall algorithms have been used on more than 80% of all recorded music.
Lexicon’s Room algorithm offers an amazing palette of natural sounding rooms with all the inherent realism of the actual space. Reflection patterns are easily selected, scaled, and equalized all while simultaneously passing audio and the room size can be instantly changed or reversed. These capabilities provide a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs due to the precise control and manipulation that is only possible with a reverb synthesizer.
One of the stunning advances in the Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor is the ability to create incredibly realistic small spaces. For both music and film production, it is often vital to have the ambience of a phone booth or very small drum room. In the Lexicon PCM92 you can create them with a reality never heard before from any processor other than a Lexicon.
In addition, the Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor delivers new capabilities to traditional reverbs by adding multimode filters in the audio flow. This allows more exact shaping of the reverb while still maintaining that distinctive smooth, rich “Lexicon Sound.” Also, all reverbs have an “Infinite” switch that allows the reverb to run forever, which is useful for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects.
Designed as a single rack space processor with two channels of balanced XLR or 1/4" analog I/O and two channels of XLR AES/EBU digital I/O, along with MIDI, Word Clock, and Ethernet, the Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor complements any large scale mixing console or integrates easily in your studio.
Whether you require perfection on stage or the gold standard in the recording studio, the Lexicon PCM92 delivers the versatility and smooth, rich sound that is unmistakably Lexicon.
The Lexicon PCM92 is as simple to operate as it is a pleasure to listen to. Just load a preset and the easy to use front panel keeps the most logical parameters within reach on the high-resolution display for adjustments and fine tuning. For in-depth sound design, you also have the capability to transition deeper into the algorithm and edit the full matrix of parameters.
To supplement front panel navigation for live applications, the Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor can be configured and fully controlled remotely through Harman HiQnet System Architect™ from any PC. System Architect uses the Harman HiQnet protocol to configure and control the Lexicon PCM92 seamlessly within a larger audio system that may consist of Harman Professional brands such as JBL®, Crown®, dbx® and AKG®.
Also, foot pedal controllers make it easy to change presets and adjust parameters during live performances. The Lexicon PCM92 can be controlled by either a two button momentary foot switch or a variable position foot pedal.
Routing Options (Analog, Digital)
The Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor can be divided into four virtual machines which allow the signal from each input to be routed through a variety of algorithm combinations.
Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor Features
- 28 Lexicon studio-standard reverbs, delays, and modulation effects
- Comprehensive collection of over 1200 finely crafted factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon's immense library of sounds
- Lexicon's flexible Room algorithm used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and film production
- Multi-voice pitch shift to enhance vocals
- Full system configuration and control with HiQnet System Architect
- 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rate, 32-bit floating point processing
- Two channels balanced analog I/O (XLR and 1/4")
- Two channels XLR digital AES/EBU I/O
- Ethernet connectivity and full MIDI control
- External BNC Word Clock
- Foot controller inputs make it easy to change presets and adjust parameters during live performances
- High-resolution OLED display is easy to read in all light conditions
Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor Specifications
- Analog Inputs:
- Connectors: Two, Female XLR
- Impedance: 20K Ohm, balanced
- Level (for 0 dbFS):
- +4dBu mode: +20dBu
- –10dBV mode: 8.2dBu
- Freq Response @96K: 20Hz to 40KHz, +0/–3dB
- A/D Conversion: 24 bits
- A/D Dynamic Range: >112 dB unweighted, 115dB A-weighted
- THD: <.002% 20 - 20kHz @ +4dBu
- Crosstalk @ 1KHz: <–90 dB, 20 - 20k at +20dBu input
- Analog Output:
- Connectors: Two, Male XLR
- Impedance: 30 Ohm, electronically balanced
- Level (at 0 dBFS): +20dBu
- Frequency Response @96K: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/- 0.25 dB, 20Hz - 40kHz +0/–3dB
- D/A Conversion: 24 bits
- D/A Dynamic Range: 112 dB unweighted, 115 dB A-weighted
- THD: <.002% 20Hz - 20kHz at +4dBu
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: <–90 dB at 20Hz - 20kHz with +20dBu input
- Digital Audio I/O:
- One Male XLR Output
- One Female XLR Input
- Two FireWire Ports
- Format: AES/EBU/FireWire (400Mb)
- Word Size: 24 bits
- Sample Rates:
- Internal: 44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz
- Accuracy: Within ±50ppm
- External: 44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz
- Lock Range: ±2% of nominal
- Propagation Delays (Milliseconds):
- A/D: 44.1 kHz (1.41), 48 kHz (1.28), 88.2 kHz (1.25), 96 kHz (1.13)
- A/A: 44.1 kHz (1.64), 48 kHz (1.51), 88.2 kHz (1.28), 96 kHz (1.18)
- D/A: 44.1 kHz (1.48), 48 kHz (1.36), 88.2 kHz (1.24), 96 kHz (1.14)
- D/D: 44.1 kHz (1.23), 48 kHz (1.12), 88.2 kHz (1.15), 96 kHz (1.07)
- Synchronization: TTL Word Clock Input, 75 Ohm, BNC
- Clock Jitter:
- Intrinsic: Exceeds AES3 Amendment 1
- Jitter Gain: Exceeds AES3 Amendment 1
- Control Interfaces: MIDI, In/Out/Thru
- Chamber (Stereo and Mono)
- Random Delay (Stereo and Mono)
- Random Hall (Stereo and Mono)
- Plate (Stereo and Mono)
- Dual Delay (Stereo and Mono)
- Resonant Chords (Stereo and Mono)
- Chorus/Flange (Stereo only)
- Concert Hall (Stereo only)
- Room (Stereo and Mono)
- Hall (Stereo and Mono)
- Signal Generator
- Machine Configurations:
- Single Mono in/Stereo out
- Single Stereo
- Dual Mono
- Cascaded Stereo
- Cascaded Dual Mono
- Cascaded Dual Mono in/Single Stereo out
- Dual Stereo in/Combined Stereo out
- Internal Hard Disk Storage: Internal non-volatile Flash. Can hold 768 user presets.
- Requirements: 100-120 / 220-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, 14W max
- Connector: 3-pin IEC
- Rack Units: 1U
- Size: 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 7.63” D, (483mm x 44.5mm x 193.8mm)
- Weight: 7.12 lbs.
Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor Includes
- PCM92 Effects Processor
- Power Cord
- Owner's Manual
- Lexicon Warranty Card
- 1 Year Warranty
Lexicon PCM92 Effects Processor Downloads
Click here to view all Lexicon products