Furman P-2400 IT Power Conditioner
The Furman P-2400 IT Power Conditioner is designed to provide unparalleled AC noise reduction and 100% isolation from the power grid for the lowest noise floor possible. Featuring a specially wound and shielded toroidal balanced isolation transformer, the P-2400 IT is perfect for recording, mastering, and broadcast studios, or anywhere noise-free performance is critical.
The Furman P-2400 IT Power Conditioner is a symmetrically balanced power conditioner, designed for the most critical, ultra-low noise installations. With 100% isolation from line, neutral, and ground, the Furman P-2400 IT is also ideal for breaking AC ground loops without rewiring or hiring an electrician.
The Furman P-2400 IT features a specially wound and shielded toroidal balanced isolation transformer specifically designed to reduce hum pickup by sensitive equipment when ultra-low-noise is a must. Additionally, Furman’s revolutionary Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) featuring Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) circuits, and the Furman's exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) combine to ensure what the customers have grown to expect from Furman - uncompromised protection and purification.
Symmetrically Balanced Power
For the most critical, low-noise applications, Furman’s Symmetrically Balanced Power provides an invisible noise floor, while completely breaking ground loops without dismantling equipment or rewiring. This noise reduction is extraordinarily efficient and linear across a huge frequency range. The transformer has completely re-worked your incoming AC and the result is perfectly clean power devoid of the masking effects of AC noise with 100% isolation from line, neutral, and ground.
Furman’s SMP and EVS circuitry safeguards equipment from transient voltage events (such as surges and spikes), as well as sustained overvoltage conditions (commonly caused by wiring faults), for complete and comprehensive protection of sensitive equipment.
Innovative Convenience and Monitoring Features
The Furman P-2400 IT’s front panel LED window displays incoming voltage or output current, with ”Protection OK”, ”Extreme Voltage” and color-coded ”Voltage Range” indicators for comprehensive power monitoring. A front panel USB outlet charges most personal media devices and cell phones right at your equipment rack.
Furman P-2400 IT Power Conditioner Features
- Symmetrically Balanced Power - Symmetrically balanced power virtually eliminates common mode noise for the lowest noise floor possible.
- Surge Protection - Furman's exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Noise Filtration - LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Voltage Protection - Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Diagnostic Lights - Protection OK, Extreme Voltage and color-coded voltage range indicators provide information on power quality and operational status of unit.
- Voltmeter / Ammeter - Large LED voltmeter/ammeter displays incoming voltage and output current draw.
- Isolated Banks - Isolated outlet banks minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination.
- USB Charger - Front panel USB convenience outlets allows you to charge most media devices or power a USB lamp.
- 20 Amp Rating - 20 Amp rating featuring a high inrush magnetic circuit breaker for added protection.
- 14 Total Outlets - 14 Total outlets (twelve rear panel outlets and two front panel convenience outlet).
Furman P-2400 IT Power Conditioner Specifications
- Maximum Current: 20 Amps
- Line Cord: 12AWG X 3, 10FT long, NEMA 5-20 plug
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 139 VAC, 60 Hz
- Over-Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC Nominal
- Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps
- Response Time: 1 Nanosecond
- Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 Amps
- Noise Attenuation:
- Transverse Mode Noise: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500 kHz
- Common Mode Noise: 80 dB @ 20 kHz, 40 dB @ 20 kHz to 1MHz
- Dimensions: 19" W x 14" D x 5.25" H (483mm W x 356mm D x 133mm H)
- Weight: 90lbs. (41 kg.)
- Power Consumption: 26 watts (for display and control circuits)
- Receptacles: 10 Ultra-low resistance isolated-ground hubbell outlets, 2 GFCI front panel outlets
Furman P-2400 IT Power Conditioner Includes
- P-2400 IT Power Conditioner
- 5 Years Warranty
Furman P-2400 IT Power Conditioner Downloads
What We Think
"The Furman P-2400 IT is the neutron-bomb of affordable power-solutions that provide uncompromising results in clean clear and quiet power to your multi-thousand dollar investment in professional audio. Seriously, why would you leave your gear to get contaminated dirty power? Not all power is the same and dirty power robs you of dynamic range and headroom - things you can definitely hear in your cumulative results!
One of the best things about the P-2400 IT, is that it does not involve hiring an electrician and a studio tech to install a dedicated commercial isolation transformer and balanced AC power system. And electricians typically know little to nothing about audio considerations (some are even likely to get combative with a tech who is directing the work to be done by the licensed and bonded electrician). SO, you can avoid all of this and get all of the benefits of an isolation transformer and a balanced power situation in your studio without all of the headaches and additional associated costs.
You can provide a 20-Amp service to the P-2400 IT if you've got a lot of high-current gear (big audio amplifiers like those used for the mains in a commercial studio), but it also works just fine on 15 Amps. The adapter is included.
All of our customers who've purchase the Furman P-2400 IT have been very pleased with the results, reporting increased performance in their audio. But it's also protecting the gear like nothing else. Furman's SMP+ technology is the leading NO FAIL protection system in the market. This is a non-sacrificial protection technology. So, you're purchasing a piece of gear for a lifetime of continuous performance.
Buying power distribution / conditioning products is not everyone's favorite thing to spend their money on. Let's face it - we'd all rather put that money toward another microphone, or a new preamp, or converter. The benefits of clean balanced power in a package such as this sometimes challenge us to listen differently (deeper) in effort to evaluate the positive effects on the audio. Plus, you don't always face big surges every day... but the smaller fluctuations are constantly there which are challenging the long-term health of your gear's power transformers and supplies every day. But when it boils down to it, power is the lifeblood of your audio and recording systems (no matter how much you want to believe that it is your blinding abundance of talent!). The Furman P-2400 IT is the equivalent of a premium organic juice diet for your audio. Everything performs better when you commit to installing one of these at the heart of your studio."
- Front End Audio
Click here to view all Furman products