Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator
The Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator is a 2RU uninterruptible power supply - battery backup / power conditioner featuring AVR, RS-232 and USB interface. Designed exclusively for audio/video professionals and home theater aficionados, the F1000-UPS offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology.
The Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator features Furman’s revolutionary Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit, Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS), and the exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT). Together, these technologies comprise precisely what the customers have come to expect from Furman - uncompromised AC protection and purification. The Furman F1000-UPS has been precisely engineered to exceed the critical demands of audio/video professionals, contractors, broadcasters, and musicians alike.
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a second’s power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology.
Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the I.T. professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufacturers later recognized the ever emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a re-tooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today’s audio video components.
The Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world’s most sensitive audio, video and control systems!
Typical UPS systems feature antiquated surge suppression technologies that can cause as much damage and annoying lock-ups as they attempt to prevent. Only Furman offers battery back-up with our road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. After all, the most robust battery can not function if the accompanying circuits are damaged. With Furman’s F1000-UPS, you can expect years of trouble free operation.
Though many control devices are relatively immune to moderate levels of AC line noise, today’s more sensitive devices (such as DLP projectors and line-level signal processors) certainly are not. High-definition technologies have pushed resolution to levels so extreme that virtually any AC noise capable of coupling with your system’s signal will distort, mask, or destroy the performance advantages all strive so hard to capture and reproduce. Once again, the Furman F1000-UPS is different. While other UPS devices feature AC line filters suitable for a I.T. closet, only Furman employs their exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT). This advanced noise filtering technology assures that today’s ultra-wide dynamic range is maintained as it must be – pristine. Remember, less AC noise equals greater content, greater resolution, and higher definition.
Programmability & Control
Audio/video systems can vary greatly in their size and components, and as such, flexibility is needed in determining how a battery backup solution should function under different circumstances. Because of this, Furman has provided open source RS-232 control over two independent AC outlet banks, with a wide range of control features to interface with an existing automation solution. Dual programmable IR control allows the unit to send a shut down command to remote components – no more expensive projector bulbs to replace in the event of a blackout.
As with any battery back up system, the battery pack must be replaced periodically (typically every 2 years)
Typical Backup Components
Given the nature of battery backup technology, high-current audio and video components such as power amplifiers, powered subwoofers, and high-wattage displays are not recommended for use with the Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator. Not only will these components drain battery power quite rapidly, line impedance will be raised due to the Furman F1000-UPS’s (or any) AVR and AC to DC inverter, which can induce current compression and noticeably diminish performance with high-current A/V equipment. The following components are ideal for use with the Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator:
- Satellite Receivers
- Cable Boxes
- Digital Video Recorders
- Media Servers
- External Hard Drives
- Digital Mixing Consoles
- Lamp Based Video Displays
- Control Systems
For power management of other components, Furman recommends Classic or Prestige Series Power Conditioners. For high-current components such as power amplifiers and powered subwoofers, solutions featuring Furman’s exclusive Power Factor Technology are ideal.
Approximate Run Time, 1500VA
- Satellite Receiver or Cable Box = 45 Minutes
- Digital Mixing Console (16 channel) = 32 minutes
- Control System + Media Server = 9 Minutes
- DAW Computer + Digital I/O + External Hard Drive + 24” LCD Monitor = 4 minutes
Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator Features
- Surge Protection - Furman’s exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Noise Filtration - LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Voltage Protection - Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Diagnostic Lights - LED status indicators warn you when voltage is outside of nominal range or when protection has been compromised.
- Standard Voltage Regulation - Standard Voltage Regulation delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities.
- Battery Backup - 1000VA Simulated Sine Wave battery backup protects your data in a power failure allowing the opportunity to save your applications, programs, and shut-down the system gracefully.
- Infrared Control - Learning IR control allows you to program connected equipment for shut-down sequencing.
- RS-232 Protocol - RS-232 Open Source Code Protocol provides custom programming for connected equipment.
- 12 AMP Rating - 12 Amp rating featuring a circuit breaker for added protection.
- Eight Total Outlets - 8 rear panel outlets.
- Critical Load Management - Critical Load Management prioritizes the allocation of temporary power to connected equipment.
- Power Control Software - Easy to use power control software assists you in maximizing the performance of your UPS.
Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator Specifications
- Voltage: 85 - 137 VAC
- Frequency: 57 - 63 Hz
- AC Power:
- Surge Protection: Non-sacrifical SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection)
- Current Rating: 12 A
- Over-voltage Shutoff, fast rise: 150 ± 5V
- Over-voltage Shutoff, slow rise: 132 ± 5V
- Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500kHz
- Linear Attenuation: From 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Capture Range: 99 - 135V
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Output Range: 120V ± 5%
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Capture Range: 94 - 142V
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Output Range: 120V ± 10%
- UPS Output:
- Voltage: 120 ± 5V Simulated Sine Wave
- Frequency: 60 Hz ± 1%
- UPS Output Capacity: 1---VA. 600W @ 0.6pf
- UPS Backup Time: 3 minutes at full load
- Transfer Time: < 4ms
- Size: 17" W x 13" D x 4" H (with feet), 17" W x 13" D x 3.5" (w/o feet)
- Weight: 36 lbs.
Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator Includes
- F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator
- 3 Years Warranty
Furman F1000-UPS Voltage Regulator Downloads
Click here to view all Furman products