Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone
The Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone is a professional boundary layer microphone and an industry standard stage floor microphone. Capable of withstanding up to 120dB SPL without distortion, the PCC-160 incorporates a bass-tilt switch that allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications.
The Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone is a surface-mounted half-supercardioid microphone intended for professional applications on stage floors, lecterns, conference tables, and news desks wherever improved gain-before-feedback and articulation are important.
Similar to the Pressure Zone Microphone®(PZM®), the Crown PCC-160 Supercardioid Boundary Microphone is designed to be used on a relatively large boundary surface. Unlike the PZM, the Phase Coherent Cardioid uses a subminiature supercardioid mic capsule. Its directional polar pattern improves gain-before-feedback, reduces unwanted room noise and rejects sounds from the rear. Surface-mounting creates a "half-supercardioid" polar pattern and increases directivity 3 dB. Since the microphone capsule is placed on a boundary, direct and refl ected sounds arrive at the diaphragm in-phase. This coherent addition of direct and refl ected waves increases sensitivity 6 dB and prevents phase cancellations. The mic capsule is small enough to ensure phase coherency up to the highest frequencies in the audible spectrum, resulting in a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference. Clarity and reach are also enhanced. Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line preamp box.
The Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone can be phantom powered directly from the console or other remote power source providing 12 to 48 volts. If battery power is required, a battery supply unit can be inserted anywhere in the mic line right up to the console or mixer. A "bass tilt" switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications. Thanks to its low profile and black finish, the microphone becomes almost invisible in use. A side-mounted connector complements the form factor of the Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone, allowing the unit to be placed effectively at the stage edge, at the top of a lectern or in other tight spots. If desired, the cable can be hard-wired for bottom entry.
The Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone is finished in off-white to blend with church altars and other surroundings where lighter color is appropriate. The heavy-gauge, all steel body protects the unit from accidental abuse. Permanent mounting is enabled by screw holes in the base. Engineering attention-to-detail has assured years of trouble-free use from this reliable microphone.
Capable of withstanding up to 120 dB SPL without distorting, the Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone will never overload in practical use. Its electret condenser capsule provides a wide, smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 18 kHz. RFI suppression is included. Self-noise is low, and sensitivity is very high to override mixer noise in distant-miking applications. Output impedance is 150 ohms, balanced.
Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone Features
- Industry-standard stage floor microphone
- Phase Coherent Cardioid design prevents coloration from surface sound reflections
- High output overrides mixer input noise
- Supercardioid polar pattern rejects the pit orchestra and offers high gain-before-feedback
- A low profile microphone having rugged structure
- Three-position bass-tilt switch for optimized body noise suppression
Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Manufacturer: Crown
- Product: PCC-160 Boundary Microphone
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid
- Element: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response(Typical): 50 Hz to 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Half-supercardioid (supercardioid in the hemisphere above the primary boundary)
- Impedance: 150 ohms (nominal), balanced (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater)
- Open-Circuit Sensitivity(Typical): 22 mV/Pa (33dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: 30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa. EIA rating 125 dBm
- Equivalent Noise Level(Self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB=0.0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 72 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD
- Operating Voltage: Phantom power, 12-48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1
- Current Drain: 4 mA nominal
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M
- Cable: 15-foot, black, 2-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M connectors
- Materials: All steel body construction
- Finish: PCC-160: black. PCC-160W: off-white
- Net Weight: 11.5 ounces (326 gm)
Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone Includes
- PCC-160 Boundary Microphone
- 3 Years Warranty
Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone Downloads
Click here to view all Crown products