elysia nvelope Impulse Shaper
The elysia nvelope Impulse Shaper is capable of making subtle or drastic changes to a sound by providing control over its attack and sustain characteristics. This is very useful for reshaping individual tones, and is a wonderful tool in any mixing situation as well.
The elysia nvelope operates independently of the specific level of a signal, and (unlike with compressors) you do not have to spend a lot of time trying to balance a set of complex controls to quickly get the results you seek.
With its unique Dual Band mode, the nvelope gives you enhanced control over processing, and can easily handle complex program material. Additionally, its dynamics sections can be bypassed, allowing it to function as a flexible high/low shelf EQ...
So, the nvelope is a dynamics processor that can change the character of a sound by altering its impulse structure. It gives you direct control over the envelope of a signal by shaping its attack and sustain intensity.
More specifically, a drum set (or individual drums) can be made to sound more aggressive and punchy by accenting the attack, or tones that are already overly aggressive can easily be tamed.
Other useful applications would be on picked or slapped bass, edgy guitar or any kind of piano recording. Generally speaking, the nvelope works optimally on audio signals with a significant/percussive attack structure.
As a balance to the attack shaping, the sustain parameters offer control over room sound and space. An instrument or a reverb tail can sound tighter by reducing its sustain, or can gain more depth/make a signal sound longer by increasing it.
The nvelope is a great tool for shaping individual signals, but it can be an indispensable resource in mixing situations as well, as it effortlessly helps you to bring a sound to the front with more attack and less sustain… or blends it gently into the background by reducing its attack and increasing its sustain.
A unique feature of the nvelope is the enhanced tweakability offered in Dual Band mode. Individual frequency controls for attack and sustain yield excellent processing results without unwanted artifacts, even when utilized on complex material like a summing bus.
We’re sure you’ll be happy to know the nvelope offers true dual mono or linked stereo operation whether you are using it in Full Range, Dual Band or EQ mode.
When the nvelope is not in Stereo Link mode, the two individual channels can be used as different processors simultaneously. For example, you can shape one signal in Dual Band mode in channel L and a completely different signal in Full Range mode in channel R.
Or, you can connect the output of channel L to the input of channel R, and then process the frequency response with the EQ first, followed by some nice Dual Band impulse shaping... As you can imagine, there are lots of possible combinations!
elysia nvelope Impulse Shaper Features
- Discrete Class-A Topology - Pristine audio quality. As a true elysia specialty, the audio path of the nvelope 500 is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all
- Full Range Mode - Fast & efficient envelope shaping. In Full Range mode, the attack and sustain intensity of a signal can be raised or reduced fast and efficiently with just two controllers
- Dual Band Mode - Enhanced frequency controls. This mode functions basically the same as Full Range, but it provides more tweakability by assigning the attack and sustain controls to individual frequency selectors
- EQ Mode - Alternative high/low shelf equalizer. The nvelope 500 can mutate into a two band equalizer with a high/low shelf characteristic, and even here the channel link for processing stereo material can be activated
- Mixed Mode - Two different processors at the same time. When Stereo Link mode is not active, the two individual channels can be used as completely different processors at the same time
- Dual Mono/Stereo Link - Flexible channel use and combination. For ultimate flexibility, the nvelope 500 offers true dual mono and linked stereo operation as well – no matter if you are using it in Full Range, Dual Band or EQ mode
- Auto Gain - Eliminates level peaks and distortion. Should distortion or huge jumps in level occur as an unwanted side effect of the attack processing, the Auto Gain function will compensate and get the level right
- Stepped Potentiometers - The frequency potentiometers have 41 steps for an easy recall, while the gain pots have a center detent for finding their neutral position at once
- Made in Germany - High grade components, solid aluminum knobs.
elysia nvelope Impulse Shaper Specifications
- Frequency response: <10 Hz - 400 kHz (-3.0 dB)
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 0.006 %
- @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 0.01 %
- Noise floor A-weighted:
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz (Full Range, EQ): -90.0 dBu
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz (Dual Band) : -87.0 dBu
- Dynamic range:
- Maximum level:
- Input: +21 dBu
- Output: +21 dBu
- Input: 10 kOhm
- Output: 68 Ohm
elysia nvelope Impulse Shaper Includes
- nvelope Impulse Shaper
- User Guide / Owners Manual
- IEC Power Cable
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
elysia nvelope Impulse Shaper Downloads
Click here to view all elysia products