Vienna Symphonic Library Upgrade Vienna MIR PRO 24 to MIR PRO
Vienna Symphonic Library Upgrade Vienna MIR PRO 24 to MIR PRO
Vienna Symphonic Library Upgrade Vienna MIR PRO 24 to MIR PRO Details
Upgrade your Vienna MIR PRO 24 to MIR PRO!
Vienna MIR PRO is a network-capable mixing solution for Mac and PC, based on Multi Impulse Response convolution. Its direct connection with Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 allows for a seamless integration with any audio production environment.
NEW: Vienna MIR PRO is also available as a dedicated plug-in, supporting the formats AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS. Benefit from Vienna MIR PRO without additional software directly in your favorite sequencer. Vienna MIR PRO merges all parts of the creative process ‚?" composition, orchestration and mixing ‚?" into a single intuitive workflow. The software offers a holistic approach to the spatial modeling of virtual orchestras, allowing the user to interact with the players more like a conductor than an engineer. Its innovative multi-parameter Control Icon replaces conventional faders and pan pots and offers concise control for positioning each instrument on the virtual stage, changing its volume and stereo width, and even rotating it within a fluid three-dimensional environment.
Vienna MIR PRO combines specific directional frequency profiles with reflectional information from every instrument, assembling all of the acoustic interactions into an accurate and satisfying recreation of musicians playing their instruments in place and in space. Vienna MIR PRO is much more than just ‚??a multi-sample‚?Ě of a hall ‚?" and this is where it far surpasses any other convolution reverb available on the market. Vienna MIR PRO is multi-source, multi-directional, multi-positional, and multi-format. Vienna MIR PRO comes with a staggering 11,000 impulse responses from four halls in the famous Vienna Konzerthaus, plus its grand foyer. Further RoomPacks offering recording studios, sound stages (e.g., Teldex Berlin), and churches are available as optional downloads. Please note: Vienna MIR PRO comes with one license per purchase. If you'd like to use Vienna MIR PRO on multiple computers simultaneously, Vienna MIR PRO 24 will be a great and cost-effective option to get additional licenses.
Vienna MIR PRO is: A multi-impulse response convolution engine, a holistic mixing solution with a pioneering graphical user interface, and a stereo or multi-channel output stage.
Vienna‚??s software developers have taken the concept of convolution reverberation to the absolute authentic extreme. The application of more than 1,000 individual impulse responses (IRs) per room results in an enormous number of calculations that need a wealth of innovations to allow for flawless execution on a single 64-bit computer.
But, why all the effort? Imagine the sound of a B√∂sendorfer Imperial Grand. Do you think it would be sufficient to record a single Middle C to make for a convincing virtual instrument? Of course not. You have to go for individual samples from as many keys as possible, sampled in as many velocities as the human ear is able to distinguish. The same is true for sampling a room. What the industry has had up to now are single samples from an acoustic entity much larger than even the biggest instruments. There‚??s no way you can ‚??play‚?Ě a room like that. But this is what great rooms are all about ‚?" they want to be played by musicians, conductors, arrangers, just like any other instrument. This is the reason the Vienna Symphonic Library recorded multi-samples from great musical venues. Because every room has its own voice, with its own characteristics, its imperfections ‚?" its magic.
Let‚??s look at what happens when you place a Vienna Instrument, e.g., the solo horn, on Vienna MIR‚??s virtual stage of a given concert hall. First of all, the position on stage triggers the selection of one or more sets of 8 impulses (6 for horizontal directions, 2 for upward and downward directions). Equally important, the directivity characteristics of each instrument are applied before the convolution of impulses, making the result dependent on the frequency distribution and the volume an instrument is emitting in various directions. A horn, directed to the rear, obviously has a different spatial frequency profile than the frontally blaring trumpet, for example. The MIR engine calculates all of this in real-time, and what you get is what you hear ‚?" a solo horn that sounds exactly as if it were playing on that very spot on stage.
Of course, you are not limited to those spots that were used for impulse recording in the first place. The Ambisonics format for our impulse responses allows for seamless interpolation of each and every point within the available areas of the room (‚??HotSpots‚?Ě). Vienna MIR PRO will make a significant difference in the creation of your orchestral music. It elegantly solves the challenges of professional mixing by bringing together all of your instruments into one unifying space, while providing precise and intuitive control over every instrument‚??s position, direction, and character. With Vienna MIR PRO, if you want a great mix, all you have to do is conduct.
Vienna Symphonic Library Upgrade Vienna MIR PRO 24 to MIR PRO Features
- New Features of Vienna MIR PRO
- NEW: Vienna MIR PRO is available as a plug-in in the formats AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS.
- Mac OS X compatibility.
- Direct integration with most modern DAWs.
- Full latency compensation.
- Works with any commonly used sampling frequency, up to 192 kHz.
- Enhanced possibilities for defining the format and for the handling of the virtual main microphone(s), including the option for using a secondary microphone in most rooms.
- MIRacle plug-in ‚?" Direct access to a tailor-made algorithmic global reverb for ‚??sweetening‚?Ě.
- Newly optimized RAM usage of Vienna MIR PRO itself.
- Speed and performance optimizations, GUI enhancements and streamlined work-flow.
- In combination with Vienna Ensemble PRO 5:
- LAN capability.
- Direct and/or stem outputs.
- Audio inputs.
- AUX sends for individual instruments and input signals.
- Automation of user-defined parameters.
- MIDI remote control of user-defined parameters.
- Vienna MIR PRO naturally includes all tried-and-tested features of its predecessor Vienna MIR:
- Graphical user interface depicting 3D renderings of the selected room (venue maps) with scroll wheel zooming.
- Intuitive multi-parameter Control Icon for quick interaction with instruments and visual feedback ‚?" and direct access to the connected VSTi instrument.
- Microphone Position Offset allowing for movement of virtual microphones in the room.
- GUI options such as Instrument Grouping, Hide Icon, Instrument Focus.
- Room EQ and Master EQ.
- Pre-listening feature before selecting a room.
- Character Presets (such as ‚??Air‚??, ‚??Silk‚??, ‚??Bite‚??, ‚??Distant‚??, ‚??Warm‚??) for quick timbral changes, available for most Vienna Instruments.
- Adjustable Room Tone (natural noise floor).
- 3rd Party VSTi hosting.
- Reverb length can be changed individually for each microphone position.
- Learn All/Optimize All for Vienna Instruments.
- Master Tune for Vienna Instruments.
Vienna Symphonic Library Upgrade Vienna MIR PRO 24 to MIR PRO System Requirements
- For smaller projects, e.g., users of the Vienna Special Editions:
- PC Intel i7-Quad CPU or better, with Windows 7 64-bit
- Mac Intel i7-Quad CPU or better, OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- 12 GB RAM
- For larger projects:
- PC Dual Intel Quad Core XEON 5520 or better, with Windows 7 64-bit
- Mac Pro 8-Core Xeon 5520 ‚??Gainstown‚?Ě or better, with OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- 24 GB RAM
- Further requirements:
- DirectX 10-capable video card with support for OpenGL 2.1 (WIN 7)
- VST/RTAS/AAX Native (WIN 7), AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS (OS X) compatible host; also works stand-alone
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- Data size of the included Vienna MIR RoomPack 1: 4.1 GB
Click here to view all Vienna Symphonic Library products