Tascam iM2 Stereo Microphone for iOS Devices Details
The Tascam iM2 Stereo Microphone for iOS Devices turns the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a high-quality stereo recorder. A pair of condenser microphones - the same high quality as Tascam's best-selling DR-series recorders - plugs into the dock connector of your Apple device.
The microphones are adjustable over 180 degrees for the best sound placement. The uni-directional elements are arranged in an AB pattern for detailed stereo imaging while capturing the ambience of your room.
The iM2 contains its own microphone preamp and analog-to-digital converter for low noise and great audio quality. Unlike mics that use the built-in iPhone preamp, the iM2 can handle up to 125dB sound levels to capture the loudest concerts and instruments without distortion.
Also contained in the iM2 is a stereo limiter to tame sudden loud sounds. The microphone level is adjustable with a knob on the side, making it quick to adjust without even looking at the unit. It's powered through the dock connector so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge your Apple iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or Tascam's PS-P515U power adapter.
The iM2 works great with just about any recording app, including the built-in video camera. Record stereo sound while you capture hi-definition video on your iPhone to capture every moment with clarity and realism.
The ultra-portable iM2 is a must have for musicians who want to capture inspiration on their iPhone or iPad without sacrificing recording quality. It's the perfect recording accessory for musicians of all skill levels available at an unbeatable price.
Tascam iM2 Stereo Microphone for iOS Devices Features
- Stereo condenser microphones for iPhone 4, iPod Touch or iPad dock connection - Ultra-sensitive microphones from Tascam's best-selling DR series recorders capture every detail
- Microphones adjustable 180 degrees - Turn the mics front to back depending if youre holding the iPhone in your pocket, on a table, etc.
- Adjustable gain control knob - Set the microphone level without even looking to prevent accidental distortion
- Built-in A-to-D converter and microphone preamp - High-quality conversion and preamp provides low noise and less distortion
- 125dB SPL maximum level - Record the loudest concerts and instruments without overloading
- Switchable limiter - Tame loud sounds to prevent distortion and sudden level jumps
- Powered through iOS Dock connector - No battery to change or charge
- USB power input - Charge the Apple device through a USB connector or optional PS-P515U for long recording sessions
- 44.1kHz/16bit recording - Records at the iOS maximum resolution for CD-quality audio
- Compact size Perfect for mobile use
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2 - Supports all of the latest Apple devices
Tascam iM2 Stereo Microphone for iOS Devices Specifications
- Dimensions: 2.3" W x 2.2" H x 0.75" D
- Weight: 1.05 oz
Tascam iM2 Stereo Microphone for iOS Devices Applications
- Live Recording Record your own concerts from the front of the stage, or record a friends from your shirt pocket
- Songwriting Use an app like TASCAM Portastudio to build up a song before presenting it to the band on your iPad
- Rehearsal Recording Plug in a mic to capture band practice without overloading your iPhone
- Video Filming Record stereo audio to go with your videos, whether shooting a live performance for YouTube or a birthday party with your family
- Sound Effects Gathering Record sounds in the outside world, then drop them into your productions or remixes
Click here to view all Tascam products