More channels. More inputs. The new TASCAM DM-3200 has more of everything that made the DM-24 a pedigreed studio workhorse. Plus an improved physical interface with per-channel multi-function LED ring encoders, more comprehensive DAW control, vastly improved routing flexibility, easier and robust data backup/ restore, greatly expanded mix storage using compact flash media and much more.
The DM-3200 features 32 full-featured channels and 16 returns for a total of 48 channels at mixdown — even at its full 96kHz / 24-bit audio resolution. It has 4-band fully-parametric EQ and dynamics on every channel and two effects processors, each capible of running the built-in TC Works Reverb processor. Surround mixing is available with up to 6.1-channel panning, and the optional IF-SM/DM expansion card adds surround monitoring and downmixing to the DM-3200.
The DM-3200 provides a new way to record with DAW recording software. With the addition of an optional expansion card, the IF-FW/DM FireWire interface, the DM-3200 becomes a 24-channel computer audio interface, making it a complete studio solution for professional DAW recording. Built-in HUI, Mackie Control and FW-1884 emulation allows the console to function as a flexible control surface for workstation software. This gives you the best of both worlds — total control over your recording software transport and mixing capabilities with the cue mixing, talkback, microphone preamps and world-class automation provided by the DM-3200.
When you're tracking a band in your studio, there are certain features that musicians and producers demand from a recording console. The DM-3200 gives you eight aux sends so that you can give individual cue mixes to each musician and have some left over to buss to the two built-in effects. It has a professional control room section with talkback mic and slate functions as well as three playback source selection switches.
- 32 channels and 16 auxiliary returns for 48 total inputs
- 16 busses
- 8 Aux Sends
- 16 analog mic/line inputs with phantom power for condenser mics and analog inserts
- 24 channels of TDIF and 8 channels of ADAT built in
- 2 expansion card slots support optional FireWire, ADAT, AES/EBU, Analog & TDIF cards
- Dedicated cascade port supports cascade of two DM-3200s
- Per channel LED ring encoders for pan, aux sends and EQ
- Built-in DAW control
- All inputs, effects and processing are available at 96k -- no features are sacrificed at full sampling rate
- Transport controls
- Powerful automation with touch-sensitive motorized faders
- EQ and compression on each channel
- Two built-in effects processors at 44.1/48k or 88.2/96k
- Flexible routing
- Offload data to convenient Compact Flash media using built-in CF slot
- Optional MU-1000 meter bridge
- Stylish, professional design with rear panel I/O connections
- TASCAM Mixer Companion software (Win XP/OSX) with:
* Driverless USB connection to computer
* Backup/restore data via USB
* On screen timecode, transport and meter displays
- Maximum overall dimensions (w x d x h): 27.6" x 32.9" x 9.1"
(700mm x 836mm x 230mm)
- Weight 52.8lbs (24kg)