Studio Projects C4 Microphones
The Studio Projects C4 Microphones are a matched pair of C4's featuring inter-changeable capsules, linear, low-noise, solid-state electronics, selectable -10dB/20dB pads and selectable 150Hz/75Hz high pass filters. This excellent stereo pair is quite useful on a drum kit, overheads and on toms and snare drum.
The matched-pair of Studio Projects C4 Microphones' modularity makes it a useful multi-purpose tool intended for all-around use on stage, on location and in studios of all caliber.
As cardioid (pressure gradient) microphones, the Studio Projects C4 provides excellent pickup of on-axis sources while attenuating extraneous sound occurring from around and behind the mic. This makes the Studio Projects C4 ideal for close miking of individual instruments where bleed from other nearby instruments or sound is undesirable. The Studio Projects C4 cardioids also make excellent stereo pairs for coincident and near-coincident miking techniques such as X-Y and ORTF. Additionally the Studio Projects C4’s are quite useful on a drum kit as overheads and on toms.
Used as omni-directional (pressure) microphones, the C4 offers a warm tonal response and is recommended especially for close miking in favorable acoustical environments. There is very little off axis coloration owing to the inherent physical properties of pressure capsules, and it is this - combined with the low self-noise of the mic amplifier that makes the Studio Projects C4 omni an excellent ambience mic –especially in pairs. In a good room, a pair of omni’s can provide a vibrant and live feel to recordings, which is not achievable through the use of directional microphones.
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Features
- Studio Quality Stereo Pair Microphone System
- Modular Design
- Interchangeable Capsules (Omni, Cardioid, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Switchable -10dB pad/ High Pass Filter
- Transformerless Output
- Rugged Construction
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Applications
- Coincident, Near Coincident Pair
- Spaced Pair Omnis
- Location Use
- Spot Miking For Instruments
- Ambient Recording
- Drum Overheads
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Specifications
- Type: 20mm diameter condenser microphone with FET impedance converter.
- Polar Pattern:
- Omni-directional Pressure (OC1 head)
- Pressure Gradient Cardioid (CC1 head)
- Pressure Gradient Hypercardioid (optional HC1 head)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -39dB/-39dB/-38dB
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohm.
- Load Impedance: >1200 Ohm.
- Max SPL: 158 dB SPL with -20dB pad
- Equivalent Noise: 18 dB SPL, (A-weighted per IEC268-15).
- S/N Ratio: 76/76/77dB
- Power Requirement: P48 +/- 4V
- Current Consumption: 3.1ma
- Circuit: JFET follower, low distortion output buffer
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR.
- Pad: -10dB/-20dB
- Low Cut: 6 dB/Octave at 75Hz/150Hz
- Length: 4.90”(124.5mm) (per mic)
- Diameter: .787” (20mm) (per mic)
- Weight: 3.3oz. (92g) (per mic)
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Includes
- Matched-pair of Studio Projects C4
- Printed User Manual
- 2 x Foam Windscreens
- 2 x Cardioid Heads
- 2 x Hyper-Cardioid Heads
- 2 x Omni Heads
- 2 x Mic Clips
- 1 x T-Bar
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Downloads
Click here to view all Studio Projects products