Steinberg Cubase 7 Advanced Music Production System Details
Involving more musical features than ever before, Steinberg Cubase 7 Advanced Music Production System delivers a truly unrivaled creative production experience that makes it the most advanced music production system around. Recording and mixing with the overhauled mixing console has never been so effective, with more control over dynamics and routing. Composing tools now include the dedicated Chord Track and Chord Assistance for complex harmony modulations, while editing polyphonic parts and building beautiful harmonies from monophonic voices is a piece of cake with the enhanced VariAudio. This is rounded out by a massive collection of sounds and loops plus additional features thatíll get you started right away. Cubase 7 has it all.
After its decade-long tenure, the old mixing desk has finally retired. Steinberg returned to the drawing board and on our way we collated a felt 1,000+ user suggestions on improving the mixer. And what they came up with is truly overwhelming. The completely new MixConsole excels not only in terms of usability, look and feel, but also sounds better than anything before it! Dedicated to hardcore users, Cubase 7 brings luxurious mixer workflow improvements to the table, including A/B comparison and global bypass for all audio effects, a plug-in search function as well as drag-and-drop support throughout to ensure hassle-free transfer of channel settings.
Integrated into each single Cubase channel and carefully crafted in close collaboration with seasoned mixing engineers, the new channel strip modules offer that epic pro-console sound that lets you turn your songs into a hard-hitting, radio-ready production. The redesigned Channel Settings window lets you access all relevant channel parameters for the selected channel faster than ever. Alongside sophisticated signal metering and quickrouting assignments, itís the home of the new channel strip modules and its fully fledged signal processing sections.
Cubase 7 introduces a new global Chord Track to facilitate working with chords in a project context and enables transform and harmonize functions throughout the application. Advanced voicing options are used to reflect any changes made to the Chord Track to both MIDI and audio tracks processed with VariAudio in a harmonically correct and ear-pleasing way! You don't have to be a musical genius to lay down beautiful harmonies when you're using Cubase 7. The powerful new Chord Assistant helps you to generate everything from simple pop to complex jazz chord sequences that just sound great.
Thanks to the Hermode tuning technology, the intonation of your synthesized notes are changed dynamically on the fly for utmost compatibility with well-tempered scales, while retaining a high degree of purity for third and fifth intervals. Hermode tuning is ideally suited for orchestral masterpieces, but definitely adds unimaginable punch and clarity to all kinds of electronic music as well! VariAudio 2.0 features seamless integration with the newly introduced Chord Track, ensuring correct pitch to your harmonies. The brilliant new spread function lets you harmonize your lead vocals in beautifully composed choral arrangements, and the resulting new tracks can be smartly edited within just one editor!
Steinberg VST Connect SE lets you connect directly to other Cubase 7 users to collaborate and produce together from afar. Talkback and chat functions as well as video and audio stream in real time give you limitless possibilities in a truly global setting.
Coming straight from the Steinberg labs, the new bulletproof ASIO-Guard technology gives you an extra safety cushion for peace of mind while recording all your important sessions. Rely on Steinberg's intelligent dropout-prevention algorithms and focus entirely on your sound ó just like in the analog days.
This is the latest incarnation of Steinberg's advanced music production system, boasting new and enhanced tools of the trade that are used by star producers and musicians for composing, recording, mixing and editing music in the highest quality. The completely overhauled MixConsole stars with brilliant mixing capabilities that give you plenty of workflow improvements. Delivering an epic pro-console sound through its channel strip processing modules lets you turn your songs into a hard-hitting, radio-ready production. The brand-new global Chord Track alongside the innovative Chord Assistant facilitates working with chords in a project context. All this together with the advanced MIDI and VariAudio harmonizing features, more instrument content and an array of real-world workflow enhancements make Cubase more musical than ever. Experience out-of-the-box music production with the all-in-the box premium features that make Cubase the producerís choice.
Steinberg Cubase 7 Advanced Music Production System Features
- State-of-the-art music production system used by thousands of professionals around the world
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
- Superb composing, editing and mixing features with unparalleled multitrack editing and quantizing, take comping and automation tools
- All-new MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding virtual instruments with over 2,800 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine
- Complete suite of 66 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect
- Chord Track for easy chord management and re-harmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences
- VST Expression 2 for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
- Professional music notation and score printing
- MediaBay file and preset management system
- Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows and OS X
Steinberg Cubase 7 System Requirements
- 2 GB RAM
- 8 GB of free HD space
- Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended
- DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- Internet connection required for installation, activation, account setup and personal / product registration. To complete the Cubase installation, a download of approximately 500 MB is required.
- Mac OS X Version 10.7 / 10.8 (Native 32-bit and 64-bit Cubase version.)
- Intel dual core CPU
- CoreAudio compatible audio hardware
- Windows 7 / Windows 8 (Native 32-bit and 64-bit Cubase version.)
- Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- Windows compatible audio hardware (ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)
Steinberg Cubase 7 Advanced Music Production System Includes
- Cubase 7 Installation DVD-9
- Cubase Video Tutorial DVD-5
- Cubase 7 / Cubase Artist 7 printed Quick Start Guide (80 p. per language, see language support for details)
- Steinberg USB-eLicenser and Cubase 7 license activation code
- Included trial versions and trial activation codes
- HALion Sonic (DVD-9 + DVD-5)
- The Grand SE 3 (DVD-9)
- HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set (DVD-9)
- Additional trial versions (DVD-9)
- Rebeat digital music distribution (on C7 DVD)
Click here to view all Steinberg products