Steinberg CMC-AI Controller Details
The USB-powered Steinberg CMC-AI Controller provides instant, hands-on tweakability for your Cubase music production system. Adjust plug-in and track parameters with your fingertips, create elaborate volume curves or browse sounds and presets in a breeze — with this flexible controller you will not only save valuable studio time but also add convenience to your recording, editing and mixing workflow.
The multi-functional centerpiece of the CMC unit is the acclaimed AI Knob, which has already proven its potential in Steinberg’s CC121, CI2 and CI2+ interfaces. This innovative “point and precision” knob allows you to quickly control about any visual Cubase object, such as mixer faders, EQ gain knobs or effect send levels. Simply point the mouse cursor on the desired object and you can instantly control the objcet-related value via the AI Knob — without additional assignments. For more convenience, the object can be locked to the AI Knob to retain control when the mouse is moved elsewhere onscreen.
In addition to the classic AI mode there are two special working modes that further enhance the unit’s capabilities. In the Volume mode the AI Knob turns into a high-precision master volume control, while the Jog mode equips the knob with intuitive jog functionality. Plus, by pushing the AI Knob once the Browse function is activated, which lets you select presets and sounds from pop-up dialogs with the turn of a knob.
To make this portable controller even more versatile, the CMC-AI houses four user-assignable function buttons, allowing you to adapt the unit exactly to your needs. In sum, this mobile control device is a smart and easy-to-use addition to the computer mouse and keyboard. The universal AI Knob, customizable function buttons and dedicated working modes make this piece of hardware a must for any serious Cubase user.
About the Steinberg CMC Series
Today, there are many DAW control devices on the market: from mobile micro controllers to DJ-oriented solutions over to professional, multi-channel mixing desks. While all these controllers are designed to make music creation and production more convenient by overcoming the unmusical duo of computer mouse and keyboard, most of them are universal MIDI controllers that can be used with a variety of DAWs. However, due to the universal approach, users have to accept compromises — the controller has to be set up, assignments have to be done and the symbols and terminology of the buttons have to be learned. In addition, most controllers are closed systems without the possibility to add further control units.
Steinberg and Yamaha think that professional DAWs, such as Cubase and Nuendo, require their very own, perfectly integrated control solution. Plus, composers, producers and mixing engineers deserve a customizable set of control units — perfectly tailored to one’s individual studio environment.
That’s why they invented the CMC series — a modular controller system that is dedicated to Cubase, but totally flexible at the same time. CMC pours the virtual Cubase workflow into a powerful hardware controller alliance to make music production even more musical. Each of the six slim-sized USB controllers mirrors a specific functional area of Cubase. Whether you need a practical touch-based mixing device, an intuitive pad controller or a time-saving assistant for hands-on recording and editing, the CMC series offers the perfect model for every task. Due to the adoption of Cubase’s icons and color scheme, Cubase users instantly feel familiar with these time-saving micro controllers. Best of all, the most common functions are pre-defined and no additional assignments have to be made.
CMC also stands for total modularity, meaning that you can combine several units to form a personal Cubase control desk — with exactly the control options needed. Start with a one-unit system and go for a full-scale solution later on. This way you cannot only customize your DAW control desk, but also keep focused on your music, since you add exactly the control units needed.
CMC and Cubase are an eminently powerful alliance that will put your creativity first. So touch your tracks, feel the rhythm and take control of Cubase.
Steinberg CMC-AI Controller Features
- USB-powered AI Knob controller
- AI Knob adjusts software parameters selected by computer mouse
- Volume mode allows AI Knob to adjust the value of the master fader
- Browse mode allows AI Knob and arrow keys to search and select a preset in the browse window
- 4 user-assignable function keys
Steinberg CMC Series Features
- Six unique micro controllers designed to take control of dedicated Cubase areas — faster and more convenient than with any other solution
- Modular system: combine multiple units to form an eminently powerful Cubase control station that exactly fits your needs; joint plate included for quick and easy connection
- Fully mirrored Cubase functionality: intuitive operation due to the adoption of the Cubase color scheme and icons
- Perfect ergonomics guarantee a unique level of handling quality — created to make your recording and live performance workflow more musical than ever
- Brings innovative technologies to your fingertips: illuminated, high-resolution touch controls and rotary encoders for detailed visual feedback
- Portable: small enough to fit in your pocket, on a master keyboard or wherever desired
- User-assignable functions for even more flexibility and tweaking options
- USB-powered: no additional power supply required
- Cross-platform compatible: Mac OS X and Windows support
- Cubase AI download version included to start recording your music straight away
Steinberg CMC-AI Controller System Requirements
- Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Pentium / Athlon 2 GHz or faster (dual core processor recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Windows 7 64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive
- USB component port (1.1/2.0)
- Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.4, 10.7 (32-bit/64-bit kernel)
- Intel processor (Intel Core Duo or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM
- CD-ROM drive
- USB component port (1.1/2.0)
Steinberg CMC-AI Controller Downloads
Click here to view all Steinberg products