Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software Details
Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software users are invited to install the free 2.5 update. Now with CD burning capability, the stand-alone Convrt Batch Processing Automation Tool, and Sony's original Wave Hammer compressor on board, Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software has hit a highly anticipated benchmark.
Disc-at-once CD burning
Create tracks and burn a disc from a single file, or burn all open files to disc. Burn gapless live sets and Red Book compliant master discs.
Wave Hammer Compressor/Limiter
A Sound Forge original plug-in, now available on the Mac. Sophisticated compression and volume maximization deliver master recordings with classic Sound Forge clarity and punch.
Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software is the second-generation audio editing application designed exclusively for OS X, with expanded editing features incorporated by popular demand. Configurable viewing panels allow you to toggle to any project view you need in secondsâ?"see everything at once or toggle your view to see only the features you want, when you want. Easily navigate the entire interface and work quickly, even on laptops.
Record high-resolution audio
Assigning hardware, metering input signals, arming tracks, and recording high-resolution multichannel audio is a simple and fluid process in Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software. Route your inputs, position the Record tool, click Record, and you're off.
Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software features a streamlined user interface that takes full advantage of contemporary OS X functionality.
- Editor panels - Maintaining concentration on editing tasks while managing many files at once is a demanding task. Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software features two discrete audio editor panels, each with their own overview bar, file tabs, and transport controls. View the panels stacked or side by side, and drag tabbed files between them for editing.
- Media browser - Locating files is easy in Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software. Navigate in OS X style directly from the Media Browser tool. Find compatible audio files anywhere in your system and audition them by clicking dedicated buttons next to each one. Navigate your entire system without leaving the application.
- Meters - Place meters in the location and orientation that suits your style. Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software features new options including CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering that helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Plug-in chooser - Fast access to available plug-ins, easy previewing and processing, and logical preset management are hallmarks of a quality audio-editing platform. Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software features a dedicated panel for offline plug-in processing. Bring it into view with a single click to access plug-ins, plug-in presets, and search functionality.
- Plug-in chainer - Plug-in chains make sophisticated, nondestructive signal and effects processing operations possible, resulting in finished audio master files ready for duplication or broadcast. Establish a chain, apply and adjust plug-in parameter control envelopes, and render out precisely optimized master files.
Signal and effects processing
Enjoy a full range of native processes including volume, fade, flip, mute, normalize, and reverse. Enhance and repair audio with iZotope plug-ins including the complete Nectar Elements vocal processing engine. Easily solve time and pitch problems with artifact-free Zplaneâ"¢ algorithms. Access your entire plug-in collection for both offline and nondestructive processing.
A one-stop audio mastering solution
Generate perfect master files straight away with Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software. iZotope's Mastering and Repair Suite, the complete iZotope Nectar Elements Vocal Processing plug-in, and a host of native tools come standard. Simply drop them into the application's Plug-In Chain tool and process for broadcast-ready audio.
Free Blastwave sound effects
Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software includes 200 free Blastwave FX sound effects. Enjoy next-generation HD sound effects from the producers of Sony's incredible Detroit Chop Shop line of Sony Sound Series: Sound Effects library titles.
New in Sound Forge Pro Mac 2
For surgical editing, excellent signal processing, freewheeling creative play, and even for mechanized routine chores, Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software is the editor of choice.
Interoperability with SpectraLayers Pro 2
Transfer audio data between Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software and SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 and experience the thrill of working freely across the world's premiere waveform and spectral editing applications. Open a large file in Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software and transfer selections of any size to SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 for fast, precise editing, then bring the result back to the source file in Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software.
Event Mode improvements
Convert regions to events. Lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events. Automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
Win the volume war with new metering options available in Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software. CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering features help you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
FLAC file format support
Generate files in this popular lossless format that features space-saving compression and comprehensive metadata-handling capabilities.
Convrtâ"¢ Batch Processing Automation Tool
New for Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software, the Convrtâ"¢ Batch Processing Automation Tool is a freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Simply import your files, create a script, and let Convrt do the rest. Convrt handles repetitive chores in the background while you continue recording and editing audio in Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software.
Auto Trim/Crop tool
Automatically remove unnecessary silence in a sound file while fading the edges of program segments in and out with user-controlled fade lengths.
Modify the volume of a selection using this convenient process dialog.
Cluster and access frequently used functions in a single convenient location.
iZotope Nectar Elements
The included Nectar Elements plug-in makes vocal treatment a snap. Whether you're recording or mixing, get great results quickly by loading one of Nectar's professionally designed Style presets in genres like rock, pop, folk, soul, and voiceover & dialogue. From there, easily customize your sound by adjusting dedicated controls like Presence, Drive and Grit. Need to fix pitch problems, perform de-essing, or reduce room noise in your recording? Nectar Elements has you covered there as well, offering simple, intelligent controls that let you focus on your sound, not your setup.
From native processes to custom code designed by some of the industry's most respected plug-in developers, Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software installs with all the features you need to achieve perfect audio master files, optimized for any resolution.
Use the normalize feature to accomplish standard peak level normalization, or modify an audio file's dynamics directly using average RMS level normalizationâ?"great for matching the apparent loudness of different recordings.
Use the Channel Converter to change the number of channels in an audio file, reverse the channels of a stereo file or intermix the channels of a multichannel file to create panning scenarios.
Event-based editing allows you to divide a sound file into any number of independent sections that can be arranged and rearranged on the timeline. Event Mode improvements in Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software allow you to convert regions to events, lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events, and automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
Other included processors
Mute, Reverse, Volume, and Mix. Mix clipboard contents into a sound file, applying custom crossfades and adjusting both source and destination volume levels along the way.
Zplaneâ"¢ Ã©lastique timestretch
Ã©lastique is a time-stretching engine that offers unmatched quality, making stretching artifacts obsolete. Based on state-of-the-art psychoacoustic models and signal-processing theory, the result is stable timing, interchannel phase coherence, and sample-accurate stretching. Achieve formant-preserving pitch shifting that avoids the well-known pitfalls that can occur when pitching up or down. Choose from various stretching methods that are tailored to your source audio, including Pro, Soloist, and Efficient modes. Monitor and adjust settings while previewing.
Sony Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 Editing & Mastering Software Features
- iZotopeâ"¢ 64-bit SRCâ"¢ (sample rate conversion)
- iZotope MBIT+â"¢ Dither (bit depth conversion)
- Fade In/Fade Out (five curve types)
- Insert Silence
- Channel Converter
- Supports up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, 32-channel audio
- Multichannel audio recording
- ASIO driver support
- Auto input monitoring
- Audio threshold record triggering
- Synthesis (simple waveforms and noise)
- Mastering Effects Bundle plug-ins, powered by iZotope:
- Multiband Compressor
- Restore and Repair Tools plug-ins powered by iZotope:
- Nectar Elements voice processing plug-in powered by iZotope
- Zplaneâ"¢ Ã©lastique Pro timestretch and pitch shift plug-in
- AU plug-in support (64-bit only)
- VST plug-in support (64-bit only)
- Real-time effects previewing
- File Properties
- Media Browser
- Loudness Meters
- Plug-In Chain
- Plug-In Chooser
- Regions List
- Summary Information
- Absolute Frames
- Samples, Time, Seconds
- SMPTE Drop/Non-Drop
- SMPTE EBU/Film Sync
- Time and Frames
- Audio CD Time
- Time mode
- Event mode
- Pencil mode
- Envelope mode
- Multichannel file editing and processing
- Offline signal and effects processing
- Nondestructive signal and effects processing
- True Peaks
- Loudness: Momentary, Short Term, Integrated, Loudness Range
Supported file formats
- Opens - 3G2, 3GP, AAC, AIF, AMR, FLAC, CAF, M4A, MP3, MP4, OGG, SDII, SND, W64, WAV
- Saves - 3G2, 3GP, AAC, AIF, CAF, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, OGG, SND, W64, WAV
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), or 10.10 (Yosemite)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free hard disk space (for temporary files)
Click here to view all Sony Products