Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software Details
Produce professional audio CDs to Red Book specification with Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software. Perform full PQ code editing, trim events from full-length media and add as new tracks, import regions from Sound Forgeâ"˘ software as tracks, read and write CD text, master audio by applying over 20 real-time DirextXÂ® effects to events and the master output, and perform disc-at-once CD burning.
Powerful CD creation tools
Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software provides all the tools you need to produce professional CDs from beginning to end. Perform full PQ code editing, apply effects, create customized crossfades, and generate disc-at-once premasters suitable for professional replication.
Over 20 real-time DirectX effects
Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software gives you the flexibility you need to professionally master your final product. Master your CD projects using over 20 real-time DirectXÂ® effects including EQ, compression, reverb, and noise gate. Apply effects to individual tracks, sections of a track, or the master bus.
Zoom to sample level and perform precise, real-time edits, fades and crossfades. Move, cut, copy, paste, and split events. Invert audio phase, normalize tracks, and perform audio scrubbing â?" even apply real-time pitch changes and time stretching.
Media extraction tools
Create "best-of" CDs in minutes. Preview and extract tracks of your own music, add them to your project, and burn to CD. Tracks are extracted with full PQ information including track start points, timing information, and more.
Professional mixing tools
Create transitions between songs or layer audio to produce complex crossfades and DJ-style megamixes. Create "live" CDs with audio in between tracks, apply volume and ASR envelopes to events and even create hidden tracks!
Professional CD burning
Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software includes support for a wide variety of CD burners, including FireWire, USB, IDE, and SCSI devices. Perform test burns before writing to CD. Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software also supports buffer underrun protection â?" preventing unusable discs.
Full PQ code editing
Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software lets you arrange tracks with speed and precision. Perform full PQ code editing including track and index positions, ISRC codes, and pause times.
Fully customizable workspace
Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software lets you to customize your environment to fit the way you work. Dock or float windows, including the Playlist, Tracklist, Trimmer, Media Pool and Mixer anywhere on your workspace.
Protected work environment
Work with confidence â?" Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software automatically creates and saves a backup copy of your project every five minutes. Use the undo/redo history to restore previous edits with ease. View past edits â?" even undo or redo whole groups at a time.
Ultimate audio fidelity
Use the highest quality audio in your CD projects, up to 32-bit, 192kHz source audio â?" no conversion is necessary. Convert your tracks to Red Book audio with high-quality resampling and dithering with noise shaping.
Powerful CD design
Arrange audio tracks using simple drag-and-drop operations. Create multiple takes of a song to use in your project before burning. Preview and switch between various takes and choose the one that fits best in your project.
Cue sheet printing
Share track list information with other applications or a CD replication house. You can copy track list information, save it to a text file, or print a hard copy directly from Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software.
Multiple file format support
Use multiple file formats in your project â?" Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software performs the conversion for you. Convert your favorite MP3s to WAV on the fly, burn new audio CD's, and listen to them anywhere. Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software supports popular formats including MP3, AIFF, Windows MediaÂ® Audio, Ogg Vorbis, and more.
Sony CD Architect 5.2 CD Mastering Software Features
- CD Text support
- Support for up to 32-bit, 192kHz source audio
- High-quality resampling and dithering with noiseshaping
- Single or multi-file playlisting
- Volume and ASR envelopes for any event
- Multiple levels of undo/redo
- Override validation errors option
- Mono-to-stereo conversion on the fly
- CD transport controls
- Direct file open into Sound Forgeâ"˘ software
- Track creation from Sound Forge regions
- Trimmer window
- Media Explorer
- Ripple editing
- CD Image file rendering
- Automatic crossfades
- Greater than 1:1 time zoom
- Reading and extraction of PQ data along with audio tracks
- Complete control over tracks, marker placements, and indices
- Preview multiple tracks or ranges of audio before extraction from a supported CD device
- Stereo master volume fader and adjustable envelope controls for any region.
- Media Pool
- Multiple file format support without conversion
- Autosave crash recovery
- Undo/redo history list
- Supports MP3, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Windows MediaÂ® Audio, and more
- Over 20 real-time DirectXÂ® plug-ins
- Event and master bus effects model
- Audio layering to create complex crossfades
- Event Normalization
- Real time pitch shift/time stretch
- Slip trimming
- Audio phase invert
- Audio scrubbing
- Unlimited volume envelope points
- Full PQ code editing support, including track and index positions and pause times
- Absolute times for replication
- Print cue sheets and format CD liner notes
- Up to 99 tracks
- Up to 99 subindices per track
- Smart track reordering
- Automatic pause time indication
- Relative times for liner notes
- Timeline event locking
- Adjustable pause times
- Audio CD player un-mute fade emulation
- Burns disc-at-once premaster CDs for professional replication
- USB, FireWire, SCSI and IDE/ATAPI CD-R and CD-RW drive support
- Overburn support of 80 minute and other size CD-Rs
- Buffer underrun protection
- Test burn mode
- PQ list verification for Red Book compatibility prior to burn
- Burn speed selection
- Copy-inhibit flags
- Pre-emphasis flags
- Audio clipping detection
- International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC)
- Universal Product Codes (UPC)
- Media Catalog Numbers (MCN)
Supported File Formats
- Import - Wave (.wav), CD Audio (.cda), CD Architectâ"˘ 4 or 5 project (.cdp), Audio Interchange File Format (.aif, .aiff), MPEG-1 Layer 3 (.mp3), Windows Media Audio (.wma), Ogg Vorbis (.ogg), QuickTimeÂ® audio (.qt, .mov), Perfect Clarity Audio (.pca), Wave64 (.w64), Sony Creative Software Audio (.sfa), Dialogic VOX ADPCM (.vox), Intervoice (.ivc), NeXT/Sun (.au, .snd), Sound Designer 1 (.dig, .sd)
- Export - Wave Image (.wav), CD Architect 5 Project (.cdp)
- MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 2000 SP4, XP, Windows Vistaâ"˘, WindowsÂ® 7, or WindowsÂ® 8 operating system
- 500 MHz processor
- 150 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 128 MB RAM
- Windows-compatible sound card
- CD-ROM drive (for installation from a CD only)
- Supported CD-Recordable drive
- DirectXÂ® Media 9.0 Run Time (included on CD-ROM)
- Internet Explorer 5.1 or later (included on CD-ROM)
Click here to view all Sony Products