Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha VHD 4-Channel Preamp
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha VHD 4-Channel Preamp gives you four incredibly useful, great sounding, and tonally flexible microphone pre-amplifiers, all in a space saving, single rack-space box - and all at an incredible value.
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha VHD 4-Channel Preamp Details
Whether you need to track pristine vocals, crunched drums or electric guitars on the edge of sonic destruction, the VHD Pre delivers a powerful and versatile sound shaping tool kit - the perfect analogue companion to your digital recording system.
Based on the VHD circuit from our acclaimed Duality console, the VHD Pre adds four SSL mic preamps to any line level DAW audio interface, transforming it into a professional quality, multi-channel analogue recording system.
The four ultra-clean, high-grade mic preamps are combined with independent Variable Harmonic Drive circuits that use 100% analogue signal paths to generate rich harmonic distortion - adding SSL analogue attitude to your digital recordings.
As you increase the input gain, the Variable Harmonic Drive circuit introduces a blendable mix of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your source material, taking it from gentle valve-style warmth through to trashy transistoresque grunge. It"?s a new world of overdriven possibilities.
It may look like just another knob, but our VHD (Variable Harmonic Drive) preamp is far from a traditional linear gain control - it"?s more like a time machine of overdrive characteristics.
When VHD is used in conjunction with the input gain control, a huge variety of preamp sounds can be created, from gentle warming to serious distortion.
At relatively low input gain settings the VHD Pre preamps deliver transparent signals with all of the sonic fidelity you"?d expect from SSL. As the input gain setting is increased, more of the signal is passed to the Variable Harmonic Drive circuit, increasing the intensity of the effect from subtle to extreme. By adjusting the VHD control the distortion characteristics can be shifted from "?50s valve-style overdrive (if the VHD selection control is turned fully anti-clockwise for 2nd harmonic distortion) to "?70s transistor-style grit (if the VHD selection control is turned fully clockwise for 3rd harmonic distortion)"¦ or a blend of the two.
As a feature of Duality, XLogic E Signature Channel and XLogic Alpha Channel, VHD is used in studios around the world and is rapidly establishing itself as the "?go-to"? tool that allows modern producers to achieve a sound that evokes the sonic heritage of SSL while adding a strong contemporary edge.
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha VHD 4-Channel Preamp Features
- Ultra-clean SSL preamp with 75dB of gain
- 48V phantom power
- 20dB Pad switches that illuminate to indicate overload
- Hi Z switches to accommodate mic, line and instrument level signals
- Four independent Variable Harmonic Drive systems
- Front panel 1/4" jack instrument/line level inputs with passive DI type impedance detection and level matching
- Individual input, output and VHD controls for each section
- Rear panel XLR mic/line inputs and XLR outputs
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha VHD 4-Channel Preamp Specifications
- Depth: 230mm / 9" casing only
- Height: 44.5mm / 1.75" (1 RU)
- 438mm / 17.25" casing only
- 482mm / 19" inc"? rack ears
- Weight: 2.6kg / 6 pounds
- Power: < 20 Watts
- Boxed size:
- 320mm x 550mm x 80mm
- 12.75" x 21.75" x 3.25"
- Boxed weight: 3.5kg / 8 pounds
- Power Supply: IEC320 3-pin connector, 100 "" 240 Vac, 50 "" 60 Hz
- Microphone: Balanced, 3-pin XLR-F, Zin = 1kΩ (10kΩ for Hi Z)
- Instrument: Un-balanced, ¼" Mono Jack, Zin = 1MΩ
- Output: Balanced, 3-pin XLR-M, Zo = 40Ω
- Power: 5-pin 180° DIN connector, +5Vdc, ±15Vdc
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha VHD 4-Channel Preamp Downloads
Click here to view all Solid State Logic products