Shure ULXS24/SM86 Handheld Wireless Wireless System
Shure ULXS24/86 Combo Wireless System
Shure ULXS24/86 Handheld Wireless Wireless System Details
The Shure ULXS24/86 Handheld Wireless Wireless System is a handheld wireless michrophone system that includes the ULX2/87 Handheld Transmitter with the SM87A Microphone, and a ULXS4 Diversity Receiver.
ULX2 Handheld Transmitter
The ULX2 Handheld Transmitter has a 3-segment battery fuel guage, Backlit LCD shows group and channel, Frequency and power settings, and Control lockout.
SM87A Vocal Microphone
The Shure SM87A microphone is a professional-quality, handheld condenser microphone for use in sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording installations. Its supercardioid polar pattern provides greater rejection of unwanted sound sources, making it ideal for miking individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting or for miking single sources in a reverberant or noisy environment. An integral three-stage wind and pop filter protects against wind and breath noise. Its built-in shock mount reduces stand and handling noise.
ULXS4 Diversity Receiver
The Shure ULX Standard receiver offers an exceptional value in both performance and price, for both working musicians and sound installers. The feature set of the versatile ULXS4 receiver offers a direct path to full, clear audio signals, unencumbered and unattached.
Shure ULXS24/87 Handheld Wireless Microphone System Features
SM87A Vocal Microphone
ULXS4 Wireless Diversity Receiver
- Automatic Frequency Selection with group scan function
- Over 1400 selectable frequencies
- 5-segment transmitted audio signal strength meter
- RF indicator
- 3-segment transmitter battery fuel gauge
- Advanced multi-function LCD displays group and channel
- Mic/Line switch
- Remotable 1/2-wave antenna
- XLR and 1/4-inch output
- Rugged plastic chassis
1/2 rack design
Shure ULXS24/87 Handheld Wireless Microphone System Specifications
RF Carrier Frequency Range: 554.000 to 865.000 MHz (Available frequencies depend on the applicable regulations in the country where the system is used).
Refer to the frequency supplement supplied with the system.
- Effective Range: 100 m (300 ft.) under optimal conditions (NOTE: Actual working range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection, and interference)
Audio Frequency Response: 25 to 15,000 Hz, Â± 2dB (NOTE: Overall system frequency response depends on the microphone element.)
ULX2 Transmitter Input
ULX2 Transmitter Output
ULXS4 Receiver Input
ULXS4 Receiver Output
- Connector: High Z Audio; Low Z Audio
- Output Configuration: High Z Audio Unbalanced (1/4 in.); Low Z Audio Balanced (XLR)
- Actual Impedance: High Z Audio 3 k0hms; Low Z Audio 22
- Nominal Input Level: High Z Audio Pin Assignments: Tip = Hot Ring/ Sleeve = Gnd: Low Z Audio 1 = Ground 2 = Hot 3 = Cold
Voltage/Current/Phantom: Power Protection?: High Z Audio; Yes Low Z Audio Yes
Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output
Transmitter Gain Adjustment Range: ULX2: 25 dB
Receiver Audio Output Level (Â± 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone):
XLR connector (into 600 ohm load): +3.9 dBV (line), 17 dBV (mic)
1/4 inch connector (into 3000 ohm load): 2 dBV
- ULX1 (input): 1 Megohm ULXS4, ULXP4 (output): 50 ohms at line level; 2000 ohms at mic level
- Modulation: Â± 38 kHz deviation compressor-expander system with pre- and de-emphasis.
- RF Power Output: ULX2: 30 mW maximum
- Dynamic Range: >100 dB, A-weighted
- RF Sensitivity: 1.26 uV for 12 dB SINAD (typical)
- Image Rejection: 80 dB typical
- Spurious Rejection: 75 dB typical
- Ultimate Quieting (reference Â± 38 kHz deviation): >105 dB, A-weighted
- System Distortion (reference Â± 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): 0.3% total harmonic distortion, typical
- Power Requirements: ULX2: 9V alkaline battery; 8.4 V Nicad optional; ULXS4: 14 - 18 Vdc (negative ground), 550 mA
- Battery Life: 8 to 9 hours (with 9V alkaline battery)
- Operating Temperature Range: - 20 degrees to 49 degrees C (- 4 degrees to 120 degrees F)
- NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range.
- Dimensions (Length x diameter): ULX2/SM87: 8.8 x 2 in. (223.5 x 51 mm);
- Dimensions (H x W x D): ULX4S: 1.72 in. x 8.56 in. x 6.52 in. (43 mm x 214 mm x 163 mm)
- ULX2/87: 9.1 oz. (258 g) without battery
ULXS4: 2 lbs 5 oz. (1049 g)
SM87A Vocal Microphone