Roland SD-50 Mobile Sound Canvas DetailsThe Roland Mobile Studio Canvas Sound Module and Interface is ideal for a wide range of users. Musicians and educators looking for a great, general purpose sound source, karaoke and bar DJs, hobbyists and non-musicians who need portable MP3 and SMF playback, and any musician who needs instrument accompaniment for live sets will love the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas. Use the Roland interface as your go-to sound source, no matter what style of music you are performing or producing.
The result of over 30 years of Roland synthesizer and sound module development, the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas provides 1,125 total sounds with up to 128 voice polyphony, including GM2, GS and 3 of Roland's hyper-realistic Solo Tones, including Shakuhachi flute, violin, and trombone, as well as 32 drum sets. Roland Mobile Studio Canvas also has built-in hardware DSP FX for Reverb, Chorus, and Mastering.
An Audio and MIDI Interface
Furthering its offering as a complete solution for music production, the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas is also a high-quality audio and MIDI interface for Mac and Windows. Capture your ideas with 2-in/2-out performance at 24-bit/44.1kHz audio quality. Plug your phantom-powered mics into the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas's XLR inputs to record vocals and other instruments, or plug into the Hi-Z input to get superior sound when recording electric guitar or bass. Plus, with V-Link support, you can add a whole new dimension to your productions through integration with V-Link compatible video hardware.
Versatile File Playback Options
Leave the computer at home and playback your backing tracks or music on the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas. Simply load standard MIDI files or MP3/WAV/AIFF audio onto a USB Memory Drive, plug it in to the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas's USB port, then hit play—it's that easy. Enhanced Transport Controls give you the ability to change keys, tempos, A/B Loop, Repeat, Center Cancel (for Karaoke) and much more. The Mobile Studio Canvas also includes a Play List editor for Mac and Windows.
A Studio or Sound Playback on the Go
The compact and portable Roland Mobile Studio Canvas offers the versatility of 3 power supply options, so you can have your music anywhere you want it. Plug into any laptop or netbook for USB bus power, power the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas from 6 AA batteries, or use the included AC Adaptor.
A Complete Studio
Roland Mobile Studio Canvas includes SONAR LE music production software for Windows. SONAR LE provides easy tools to record, edit, and mix your music. The Roland Mobile Studio Canvas also makes a perfect sound module and audio interface for a wide variety of software on Mac or PC including Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Garage Band, Logic, Nuendo, Pro Tools, or SONAR
Roland SD-50 Mobile Sound Canvas Features
- Easy to use and powerful: Based on SONAR 8.5
- Record up to 32 audio tracks/64 MIDI tracks
- Supports up to 8 simultaneous inputs and outputs
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio quality
- Edit and mix with arrange window, virtual mixing console, piano roll, staff view and more
- Use up to 24 simultaneous effects
- Includes 10 studio-quality audio effects to mix your music
- Use up to 8 simultaneous virtual instruments with easy integration via Synth Rack
- Includes 2 virtual instruments to supplement the Mobile Studio Canvas sound set
- Add additional effects and instruments with VST/VSTi support
- Active Controller Technology automatically maps MIDI keyboards and control surfaces to the parameters you need most on effects, instruments, volume, pan, and other mix elements
- Create backing tracks with support for ACID-format loops
- Expand your studio with ReWire support for Live, Reason, and others
- Supports Windows 7 and Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), as and Windows XP (32-bit)
Roland SD-50 Mobile Sound Canvas Includes
- Roland Mobile Studio Canvas Sound Module & Audio/MIDI Interface
- SONAR LE & Hardware Drivers DVD-ROM
- Owner's Manual
- AC adaptor and power cord
- USB Cable