Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher
The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher combines a world-class multi-effects engine and multi-pedal switcher in one small, dedicated unit that delivers infinite creative possibilities. This compact pedalboard offers sophisticated functionality and advanced control and expandability.
With the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher, you can put together a professional effects system that’s incredibly compact, extremely light, and versatile enough to achieve nearly any sound imaginable. The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher is a sonic powerhouse capable of running six internal pedal effects at once while seamlessly integrating three of your favorite external pedals. The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher also offers deep rig control capabilities, allowing you to switch amp channels, adjust effects in real time, work with MIDI devices, and more. With the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher, it’s easy to create a portable board or fly rig without the compromises associated with traditional loop switchers and all-in-one multi-effects units.
As Versatile As You Need to Be
The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher’s highly flexible design gives you the freedom to create any kind of effects system, from simple to complex. It can serve as a general-purpose effects unit to augment core tone from three stompboxes, or function as the central hub of an advanced hybrid rig with MIDI gear and channel-switching amps. The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher even works as a standalone effects processor, making it perfect for fly dates and other times you need to travel light. And if you’re just starting out, the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher provides a solid effects foundation that can be expanded as your experience grows.
Three Loops for Your Choice of Effects
Via the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher’s audio loops, you can connect three different effects devices to the system. You’ll probably want to hook up your favorite drive and booster pedals to the loops, but you can use any effects you like. Once your pedals are connected, you’re able to switch the loops on/off individually, and position the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher’s onboard effects around them any way you want.
World-Class BOSS Effects Engine
To complement the three external loops, the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher is equipped 112 effects types to choose from. They’re organized in six categories, which are available simultaneously: FX1, FX2, Mod1, Mod2, Delay, and Reverb. FX1 and FX2 contain many different types, from overdrives and distortions to compressors, pitch shifters, Slow Gear, and many others. Mod1 and Mod2 offer the famous BOSS chorus and vibrato effects, plus tremolo, flanger, phaser, and more. All the effects are fantastic for guitar, and there’s also a large selection specially optimized for bass.
Big Creativity in a Tiny Package
The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher is packed with decades of BOSS compact pedal and multi-effects know-how, and offers an ultra-efficient design that lets you dial in inspiring sounds right away. There’s a backlit LCD that clearly shows patch/bank numbers and parameters, plus quick-access knobs for editing and status indicators for all loops and effects. And with 200 patch locations, you have ample memory for storing effects and control setups for instant recall.
Complete Foot Control
The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher’s heavy-duty footswitches give you easy command of the entire system. In Memory mode, the footswitches allow you to select patches and banks. Changing to Manual mode lets you switch loops and effects on/off, and even control multiple effects parameters for intense real-time expression. Your Manual mode assignments can be stored in patches, letting you create dynamic custom setups for different songs and styles.
Going well beyond the basics, the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher provides tons of options for expanded control. You’re able to connect external footswitches for tap tempo, effects on/off, and parameter adjustment, plus expression pedals for volume, wah, pitch shift, and more. Control out jacks are available for switching amp channels and controlling effects that support external input. And there’s even MIDI for sending tempo, PC, and CC information to MIDI-enabled pedals, whether they’re connected to loops or not. In addition, the Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher’s two audio outputs can be set for full stereo or selectable mono operation per patch, providing great flexibility with dual amp rigs.
USB and Remote Editing
The Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher supports USB for accessing the free MS-3 Editor/Librarian software on a Mac or Windows computer. This lets you edit effects, assign control parameters, set tempos, and more via a convenient graphic interface. You can also back up and restore individual patches, and organize groups of patches into Live Sets for various gigs.
Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher Features
- Powerful integrated solution for creating a compact professional pedalboard
- Unlimited sound creation with six simultaneous pedal effects and audio loops for connecting three external pedals
- 112 built-in effects types for guitar and bass, including delays, reverbs, mod/pitch effects, overdrives, distortions, and more
- Intuitive user interface for easy patch creation
- Backlit LCD, editing knobs, and panel LEDs for on/off status of loops and effects
- Control assign, wave pedal, and other functions for deep real-time expression
- Equipped with numerous jacks for amp channel switching, effects control, and more
- MIDI output for working with MIDI-enabled effects
- Built-in tuner, noise suppressor, and global EQ
- USB for patch creation and backup via free MS-3 Editor/Librarian software
Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher Specifications
- Modes: Memory Mode/Manual Mode
- Loops: 3
- AD Conversion: 24 bits + AF method (Adaptive Focus method)
- DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Effects: 112 types
- Patches: 200
- Nominal Input Level: Input: -10 dBu, Loops L1--3 Return: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: Input: +7 dBu, Loops L1--3 Return: +7 dBu
- Input Impedance: Input: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: Output L/Mono, R: -10 dBu, Loops L1--3 Send: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: Output L/Mono, R: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance:
- Output L/Mono, R: 10 k ohms or greater
- Loops 1--3 Send: 10 k ohms or greater
- Number switches 1--4, Memory/Manual switch
- On/Off button, Menu button, Edit button, Exit button, Enter button
- 1--3 Knobs
- Power Switch
- Display: Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)
- Number indicators 1--4, Memory/Manual indicator
- On/Off indicators (FX1, MOD1, L1--3, FX2, MOD2, DLY, REV)
- Input jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Loops L1--3 Send Jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Loops L1--3 Return Jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Output (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL Out CTL1/2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- CTL In EXP1 CTL1/2 jack, CTL IN EXP2 CTL3/4 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB Computer Port: USB type B
- MIDI Out Connector
- DC In jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 280 mA
- Dimensions: W x D x H (275 mm x 97 mm x 68 mm) (10-7/8 inches x 3-7/8 inches x 2-11/16 inches)
- Weight: 1.1 kg (2 lbs 7 oz)
- Options (Sold Separately):
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
- Expression Pedal: EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher Includes
- Printed MS-3 Owner's manual
- Leaflet "Using The Unit Safely"
- AC adaptor
- Rubber feet x 4
- 5 Year Warranty
Roland MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher Downloads
Click here to view all Roland products